The horror! The horror!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are going ok despite another disappointing result last night. There is so much entertainment value in some of the anguished wailings and apoplectic demands from some of our more serious-minded posters that it almost makes up for the loss!

We are mid-range. Des has got some screwball plan for the team this season, and some things have been tweaked that are inexplicable to some (such as game minutes and use of the bench).

I still fancy our chances of hitting the finals with some strong momentum. Imagine if Des actually knows what he's doing, lol, some rather unpalatable words may have to be swallowed! 

[see my other views at cockeyedoptimist.com  :) ]

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We are going ok despite another disappointing result last night. There is so much entertainment value in some of the anguished wailings and apoplectic demands from some of our more serious-minded posters that it almost makes up for the loss!

We are mid-range. Des has got some screwball plan for the team this season, and some things have been tweaked that are inexplicable to some (such as game minutes and use of the bench).

I still fancy our chances of hitting the finals with some strong momentum. Imagine if Des actually knows what he's doing, lol, some rather unpalatable words may have to be swallowed! 

[see my other views at cockeyedoptimist.com  :) ]

You are seriously in Disneyland. How much hard earned are you prepared to lay down on this theory?

nah man im past that under the radar shIIt it doesnt work for me any more...

Im sorry but i don't think Des would be playing with fire in such a tight competition. We are playing badly, its simple as that. To be honest it may be beneficial for next year if we keep losing to bring some of our "star" players back to earth.

torana355 link said:
Im sorry but i don't think Des would be playing with fire in such a tight competition. We are playing badly, its simple as that. To be honest it may be beneficial for next year if we keep losing to bring some of our \"star\" players back to earth.
..  yeah & also get trent some much needed experience standing under the goal posts to take to the dogs..

mate reality check we aint plaing finals footy throwing out that sort of rubbish week in week out ,what is it now 2 wins from 9 games ...

LOL PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seaglerock8 - seriously mate, you can't believe what you're saying. Des isn't that bright. Its a dud theory. Consider this one. The players are over Des, his secretive crap plans and strategies and they aren't turning up on match day. Not only that, they're not putting in at training either, because I reckon we've also got serious fitness issues. I prefer my theory.

baz mate i tend to agree with you .. everything seems stale in that place.. maybe they should give the coaching job to crusher.. 

It seems that everybody acknowledges a fitness problem. Everyone, that is, apart from the Manly club!

I expect fitness is one of the areas tweaked, in a particular way for a particular reason. I doubt Des just suddenly forgot that fitness is important.

seaeaglerock8 - you forget one very important point. Players hold all the power in NRL teams these days. Just look at the havoc that wanker Hayne is causing Anderson at the Eels. Not that I care much about their problems. Fitness problems are caused by players not putting in. You can't tell me the coaching/training staff have slackened off in their training regime. All it takes is a few inside tool players to whinge on the side and bingo = a very hard to detect player mutiny is off and running. Nothing that obvious at training, but very obvious on match day. Des is in trouble.

Out of the mouths of babes...A ten year old girl at the school that I teach at asked how a 'fat man' can play first grade rugby league. She was talking about George Rose. But what would she know, she hasn't played at the highest level

BAZ link said:
seaglerock8 - seriously mate, you can't believe what you're saying. Des isn't that bright. Its a dud theory. Consider this one. The players are over Des, his secretive crap plans and strategies and they aren't turning up on match day. Not only that, they're not putting in at training either, because I reckon we've also got serious fitness issues. I prefer my theory.

I will be completely honest with you, your theory is a bigger dud than SER8's, and in regards to brightness, I would back Des' brightness over yours any day of the week

Moops link said:
Out of the mouths of babes...A ten year old girl at the school that I teach at asked how a 'fat man' can play first grade rugby league. She was talking about George Rose.

Lol, I hope you put her on immediate detention. 10000 lines "Rugby League is for all shapes"  ;D

It could be worse. We could be Cowboys supporters. They have the so called best player in the world at half and look where they are.

Des has more of a footbal brain than any of us on here. I don't think the players would be sick of Des either. They may be sick of some of the injuries that some of them are carrying

another typical cynical post from you Kiwi Eagle
what about entering the debate instead of picking a problem with my input?
you never have much of substance to say - so let others who care and try to suss out what could be going on behind the scenes of the the crap being dished up by our team

LOL, I have been around here a while mate, I will let the others who have been around decide if I have any substance to what I say thanks champ. Thanks for the laugh with the suggestion I don't care as well.

Everyone can feel free to try and "suss out" what is happening behind the scenes, but the truth of the matter is, the only bloke on here with any clue of what is actually happening behind the scenes is Vidmar.

You can throw your guesses and theories out there, but if I think you are talking s**t, I will say it. You theory in this topic, I think is complete and utter crap

But lets go into your theory a bit then.

"The players are over Des and his secretive game plans"

Do you believe the players train all week with no idea what the game plan is because Des is keeping it a secret from them ? Ridiculous is 1 word for that theory

"Des isn't that bright"

Lifted the club from absolutely nothing to a premiership winner in year 4 of his 5 year plan. How did a simpleton manage that ?

Kiwi, Des is not a simpleton, I agree, but you have to admit that his use of the bench has been weird, his use of some favourite, out of form players, has been weird and from where I stand on hills at grounds where we 'play', there doesn't seem to be much of a game plan happening.  Do coaches stay too long at the fair?  That's worth debating, as Manly have ditched coaches who not only bring silverware (Ron Willey springs to mind) but also favourite sons when they perform, and when they don't. 

Thats better KE
Now we're debating
Des holds everything close to his chest - thats common knowledge
So my theory is the players could be jack of that and losing
Des being not that bright - bit harsh I'll admit = and I take your point that he has steered us to a premiership in 08
But times change, the playing roster changes and I worry that Des banging on with the under the radar, not dropping players and interchange strategies not to mention the lack of fitness problems clearly seen are all symptoms of Des and his stuck and rigid mindset

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6