The "Italian" World Cup Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
A quality team of home grown talent.

Italy

1 Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters, captain)

2 Josh Mantellato (Newcastle Knights)

3 James Tedesco (Wests Tigers)

4 Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)

5 James Saltonstall (Warrington Wolves)

6 Ryan Ghietti (Northern Pride)

7 Tim Maccan (Tweed Head Seagulls)

8 Anthony Laffranchi (St Helens)

9 Dean Parata (Parramatta)

10 Paul Vaughan (Canberra Raiders)

11 Mark Minichiello (Gold Coast Titans)

12 Brenden Santi (Parramatta Eels)

13 Joel Riethmuller (North Queensland Cowboys)

Interchange

14 Ben Falcone (South Logan)

15 Gavin Hiscox (Central Coast Capras)

16 Gioele Celerino (North West Roosters, Italy)

17 Sam Gardel (South Logan)

18 Christophe Calegari (Lezignan)

19 Chris Centrino (North Sydney Bears)

20 Cameron Ciraldo (Penrith Panthers)

21 Fabrizio Ciaurro (Coventry Bears)

22 Ray Nasso (Avignon)

23 Ben Musalino (Manly Sea Eagles)

24 Ryan Tramonte (Windsor Wolves)

That Aiden Guerra is a gun player & will be as vital to the Roosters as Cordner in 2014. Solid enough team but still 30-40 points off Aust/NZ.

Most would qualify due to grand parents or parents rule (heritage) so no problem - same rule as any other sport.

What doing something like this - doesn't show that the better players within the team are basically playing for free (forfeited match payments and all money is going to Italy RL)

I've got no dramas at all with the loose qualifications for the World Cup and to be honest, not sure why some people get upset about it. It people want to represent their heritage then good luck to them.

Haha funny stuff. I went holidaying in Sicily a couple of months ago, can i get a start on the bench?

International rugby league always gives me a good laugh

That is not a bad looking team. I will expect them to perform well.

Well, while my allegiance stands firmly with the green and gold, given i am from an Italian family, i have a soft spot for the italians and hope they do well.

wedgetail eagle said:
What have the Romans ever done for us?

REG: Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!

XERXES: The aqueduct?

REG: What?

XERXES: The aqueduct.

REG: Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.

COMMANDO #3: And the sanitation.

LORETTA: Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like?

REG: Yeah. All right. I'll grant you the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done.

MATTHIAS: And the roads.

REG: Well, yeah. Obviously the roads. I mean, the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from the sanitation, the aqueduct, and the roads--

COMMANDO: Irrigation.

XERXES: Medicine.

COMMANDOS: Huh? Heh? Huh...

COMMANDO #2: Education.

COMMANDOS: Ohh...

REG: Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.

COMMANDO #1: And the wine.

COMMANDOS: Oh, yes. Yeah...
FRANCIS: Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Reg, if the Romans left. Huh.

COMMANDO: Public baths.

LORETTA: And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now, Reg.

FRANCIS: Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.

COMMANDOS: Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

REG: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

XERXES: Brought peace.

REG: Oh. Peace? Shut up!
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso
:p

faithful said:
This is why the RLWC is such a joke . Plyers from Tweed Head Seagulls and Logan City and the good old North Sydney Bears , classic stuff.

So I take it you won't watch Australia play in the Soccer World Cup?
After all players from the A League just play in a third sting championship

Lord Eagleton said:
Haha funny stuff. I went holidaying in Sicily a couple of months ago, can i get a start on the bench?

International rugby league always gives me a good laugh
I did an Italian bird back in the day Mumma Mia!, does that qualify me!!! The knees might be a bit dodgy but the crisp passes out of dummy half and with the old school hooking skills will ensure we have 80% of the possesion. Cam Smith wouldn't know how to hook so I'd have it all over him. Might have to use the interchange rule a bit liberally though when we defend!!! lol:p

eagles2win said:
faithful said:
This is why the RLWC is such a joke . Plyers from Tweed Head Seagulls and Logan City and the good old North Sydney Bears , classic stuff.

So I take it you won't watch Australia play in the Soccer World Cup?
After all players from the A League just play in a third sting championship

Yes I do watch Football and the A-League has a couple of players in the team but that is the national comp in this country. Please dont even compare the Football World Cup to the RLWC just makes you look silly.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2