The Kiwis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

At the beginning of the season the Kiwis were my tip for the spoon, but here they are now in 6th place. If you look at their roster, well TBH it's a pretty average bunch of players and their coach is, well pretty average as well. So why are they going so well? the answer to that is the same answer to why we are so poor:

1. Their forwards are aiming up and have a red hot go, ours don't
2. They have a young creative bloke in the halves in Maloney (5/8th), we don't
3. They are playing with great enthusiasm, we aren't
4. They have speed in Locke, Tupou, Vatuvei and others, we don't

Hard to believe, but we could learn a little bit from them.

They have had a bit of luck going their way finally as well. They have been getting the exact conditions they wanted to play in, cold and wet, and have built their confidence on the back of winning a couple of those games. They really should have lost 2 of their last 3 but hang in there enough to take them.

They have had a very nice draw as well, had hardly beaten a side in the top 8 before today and have been dispatching the lower placed sides

NZ was awesome today.  59 tackles in their 20m and only let in one try.
Makes it look more appealing to Matai, they all tried their guts out.

I just wish i could see our forwards, props mainly, keep the legs pumping when they hit up.  As soon as they get touched they fall down, but you see guys like Petero just bend the defence as much as possible before hitting the ground. 

The Warriors with Inu (probably re-energized), Mateo, Matai, Vatuvei, Hohaia, Ropati, Locke, Maloney, Moon (9 players needed to squeeze into 7), and Mannering who can play centre if required, are looking good for next season.

Ryan, the funny thing with them is, that the years they promise plenty, they never deliver it !!

Is funny what a few weeks can do though, all I heard 2 months ago was unrest at the Warriors, Cleary on his last legs, poorly managed, terrible squad etc, now that they have strung a few together hear nothing of that now

With Inu and Mateo in their 2011 roster they'll slide.  They are two of the most overrated players in the game.  The Warriors play one good game in four. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2