The next 6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Sharks dragons eels panthers titans bye.
I don't fear any of these 5 teams on what I have seen so far. We have beaten the two hardest teams that we will face in this third of the draw. 14 points after 7 rounds going into the rep w/end is a realistic goal.

A team like the Sharks can surprise by playing well occasionally. Complacency is our greatest opponent, and mental tiredness.

Only panthers and titans are home games too, but I don't fear parra stadium or shark park so maybe a loss at dragons is all I would tolerate.

I'd be happy with 4 from 6 but won't they be waiting to give us some stick when we do eventually drop a game.
All this early success must be really grating on the News Limited's nerves.

I think you'll find we don't get a bye until round 14.

After the Titans it's Round 8 v .... the Bulldogs.

I agree though, all those games are very winnable. Dragons we always seem to struggle against though, so that's a danger one, and Panthers seemed to be better than their form last week suggested based on their shut out of the Roosters today.

Eels and sharks will be the toughest I think. Even though the sharks were woeful this week I think they will turn up to play against us

Being a manly supporter living in the Illawarra area, the Dragons game is one I hope we win... I do get a little "emotional" after a loss lol

Daniel said:
Eels and sharks will be the toughest I think. Even though the sharks were woeful this week I think they will turn up to play against us

I think you are spot on Dan, I would have preferred to be playing the Sharks after they have had a win, not 2 loses in a row. Whilst no one else thinks much of their trial win over us, they do! They will come come out full of confidence that they can beat us...and if we dot turn up to play, they just might. Danger game!!

Timbo said:

I agree though, all those games are very winnable. Dragons we always seem to struggle against though, so that's a danger one, and Panthers seemed to be better than their form last week suggested based on their shut out of the Roosters today.

Timbo, I think he means that the bye is the competition wide rep round bye they've brought in for the Australia vs New Zealand and City vs Country games. All teams get the week off. Bulldogs is the weekend after.

Jono said:
Timbo said:

Timbo, I think he means that the bye is the competition wide rep round bye they've brought in for the Australia vs New Zealand and City vs Country games. All teams get the week off. Bulldogs is the weekend after.

Ah, rightio, thanks Jono, I wasn't aware that was happening, cheers.

To be honest I think we are better off dropping a couple (but no more) games early in the season - keep the pressure off and the attitude better. And I'd be pleased with 4 of those 6 and ecstatic with 5.

Don't see why we can't win them all. Points in the bank will be worth something come the end of the season. I can't see why the Sharks will be trouble. They have a really poor backline. Their strength is in the forwards but don't really have a plan what to do with the ball in hand. Penrith are a good side and it's a good thing we'll be playing them at home in front of a parochial crowd. The Goons? they'll struggle without any quality forwards. The rest are easy beats.

There were people predicting at the start of the season we were in danger of losing our first five games, now we're a possibility of winning them all. A refreshing change after the doom and gloom of the off season.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Daniel said:

I think you are spot on Dan, I would have preferred to be playing the Sharks after they have had a win, not 2 loses in a row. Whilst no one else thinks much of their trial win over us, they do! They will come come out full of confidence that they can beat us...and if we dot turn up to play, they just might. Danger game!!

Agree with you both. After listening to the coach in the interview after the game i am expecting them to come out fired up against us. Just like the Cows did with the Broncos. Expecting a big turn around from the Sharks

I'm guessing 2V et al were thinking about getting to the first home game and taking stock. before the season began I thought 3/5 would have been a good outcome. dce's outstanding form has been the major surprise--I didn't think he would fade out, but that it would take some time to fit the new coach, personnel etc.

4 or 5 from the first 5 would be great to have in the bank, but the season can only be lost at this stage, not won.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8