The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm selfish. I want them both. Both have upsides that will benefit the club in future, if they don't drop their bundle.
If Schu does anything worthwhile this year it's merely a bonus.
Surely what Manly needs is added toughness and energy in the forwards, not more silky skill in the forwards.
(Wouldn't totally surprise if Waddell retains a bench spot for that very reason)

Probably have to take into account the largely open type of attacking footy Manly is focusing on in recent times also , just in terms of accommodating Shu in the side again ,
if he can be at his best again , should be a net positive having him in the game day 17 ,
Need the ruck and middle area to hold together as well , so also obviously requires some solid defensive work from an edge player as well .
Then Shu being tried as a 13 in Blacktown but the Jake - Brown combo in i st grade seems to be working O K at present .
Looks like it may be soon a choice between Burbo , Shu , Waddell and Parker for 2 spots in the 17 somewhere or more specifically for an edge role .

a player swap of schuster for lomax would be ideal. dragons lack creativity in attack and lomax can get himself on a better team. i think he would only move if he plays centre pushing garrick back to the wing.
1. turbo
2. saab
3. koula
4. lomax
5. garrick
6. brooks
7. cherry

isn't a bad backline
Could be worth keeping an eye on Josh Feledy at the West Tigers and how he is progressing into future times .
Though have the notion that a Koula - Garrick centre combo is going to be the more favored arrangement for quite some time yet in the Manly top grade
Might be a bit unsettling as well for their respective sides having two very well paid players [ in Shu and Lomax ] not really justifying their pay grade right now and swapping clubs
And really do not think Lomax would offer any net improvement to the side , let him go elsewhere and for someone's other cap problem to sort out

I don't get Lomax. He has been poor for St George for years, is overpaid, and overrated.

He is not without talent. The guy is good in the air and has a strong carry; sounds like a winger eh?

So what's his problem? He is finally playing good football on the wing and is disgruntled because he'd rather go back to the centres so he can throw more flick passes into touch?

If he was fair dinkum, he'd give St George a couple of hundred thousand back for their troubles and commit to putting a solid season of first grade together.

This case is so odd as at 600k plus we have this guy for quite a few years already has never really shown much at all. Currently not even considered for first grade at present and for years we have talked about his weight and subsequent injuries and he's signed until end of 2027. Seems to have this talent but I wonder if he has the drive to do it? The bad side is imagine if he never kicks on and has taken a couple of million from the club. I really hope the club know what they are doing.

In today's presser, Seibold said that Schuster has only been back in full training for two weeks (virtually still pre-season mode) and has progressed well in his two games. He said his ball playing at lock last week was outstanding, but there is work to do on his defence. He said doesn't wish to promote him too early and will wait till his form & fitness warrant selection in the 17 (paraphrasing).

Watch from 10:00

Seibold talking about Schuster

Last edited:
In today's presser, Seibold said that Schuster has only been back in full training for two weeks (virtually still pre-season mode) and has progressed well in his two games. He said his ball playing at lock last week was outstanding, but there is work to do on his defence. He said doesn't wish to promote him too early and will wait till his form & fitness warrant selection in the 17 (paraphrasing).

Love that from Seibold. We’ve been lucky to have had a decent start to the season and for other teams to be struggling ( thanks, Souths!), so Josh has been able to play a few games in the reserves without anyone calling for his head. It’d be ideal if he can come back into a team that’s already firing so the pressure is off and he can contribute rather than feeling like he needs to do everything himself.

I have been very impressed with some of the processes Seibs has brought in… I know he hasn’t achieved success yet but the players are playing good football, seem like a happy group and egos are getting parked… it really makes you wonder how it all went so so wrong for him at the Donkeys…

I have been very impressed with some of the processes Seibs has brought in… I know he hasn’t achieved success yet but the players are playing good football, seem like a happy group and egos are getting parked… it really makes you wonder how it all went so so wrong for him at the Donkeys…

He was white anted by the broncos old boys who wanted Walters. He never stood a chance.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2