The NRL Rookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

FlyingHigh

Reserve Grader
Not sure how many people have seen this bit what does everyone think? The finale is tonight and all 16 clubs are present for the decision. Interesting concept.

I think I'd take Jordan Martin. His footy idol is Brett Stewart.
Reserves would have a max number of players in its roster. It has a salary cap, so surely it would have too. So which ever club the rookie chooses potentially has to squeeze a current NSW cup player out next year. Interesting concept.

Have not watched much at all, switched it on tonight to check it out.

It is a "show" to promote the product - NRL.

I am not a big fan of reality T.V. 100% of these types of shows are 100% scripted. The NRL also chooses who goes where based on what is best financially for the NRL, the voting is also rigged but is added for supposed excitement. So the winner will go to a club the NRL want to be promoted like the Gold Coke Titans or Faiders, blah, blah. So it really does not mean much in the scheme of things and these blokes (like other reality participants) generally get churned and burned unfortunately all in the name of T.V. drama and/or chasing a dream.

Other than that, from the brief 30 seconds I have seen, maybe Jordan Martin would be a good pick up for us...! ;)

Last edited:
If this show works it essentially means that current club scouting sucks because these guys are all around and haven't made it.

It was filmed late last year. Martin and Goodwin have been playing for Mounties all season.

I'm guessing they weren't allowed to be 'associated' with the NRL club before the winner was announced, but no surprise Goodwin picked Canberra, given he's already in their system anyway.

I'm more interested to see whether any of the other guys get picked up by clubs now - seems like the top group on the show were already on the radar anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6