The Parcell Hype

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Can we all tone it back a little because it is getting out of control on this forum!

Yes he looks a top young prospect and I'm certainly excited by his arrival but people are speaking like he is a test and Origin superstar with people claiming he will start, be our best signing, revitalize our side and be a walk up start as next QLD rake.

I see him as a youngster of real promise atm but behind Korosiou in the pecking order, remember he has only played a few games off the bench as he was behind Mccullough and Nikimora

My fear is if Parcell doesn't dominate from day one the fans on here will savage him when they only have themselves to blame for building up unrealistic expectations

Another hooker thread ??!! We've got more threads about our hooking options for next year than we have hookers.

I'm inclined to go with Flavor Flave and Chuck D on this....Don't believe the hype.

Let's see how he goes first. The thing I like is that he looks like he has speed off the mark, but there is a lot more to the NRL than speed. Is he going to rack up 50 quality tackles a match like Matty did ?

Another hooker thread ??!! We've got more threads about our hooking options for next year than we have hookers.

I'm inclined to go with Flavor Flave and Chuck D on this....Don't believe the hype.

Let's see how he goes first. The thing I like is that he looks like he has speed off the mark, but there is a lot more to the NRL than speed. Is he going to rack up 50 quality tackles a match like Matty did ?
Matt Ballin was boring to watch and tackling isn't everything in hooker. Matt Ballin missed about 5 a game.

I personally think one of Parcell, Koroisou or Brown should play NSW Cup, and at this stage, I think it should be Parcell. Have Koroisou start, and play as long as possible (80 minutes preferably), and use Brown as a backrower. If Koroisou is down on form, Brown comes on as his back-up.

That way, we can have 4 actual forwards on the bench, rather than three, and a utility.

I personally think one of Parcell, Koroisou or Brown should play NSW Cup, and at this stage, I think it should be Parcell. Have Koroisou start, and play as long as possible (80 minutes preferably), and use Brown as a backrower. If Koroisou is down on form, Brown comes on as his back-up.

That way, we can have 4 actual forwards on the bench, rather than three, and a utility.

Parcell start nrl

Koroisau nsw cup 5/8

Brown bench

Parcell will be hooker next year. Best option, Koroisau will be playing 5/8 in nsw cup. Why all the negativity around Parcell, it's not the Parcell hype that is wrong with this forum, it is all the negativity!!!!!!

Negativity? I have not seen one bit of negativity in regards to Parcell

I think Parcell will Start and use Koroisau as rotation. I'm not sold on Brown. But with all the Forwards we have now they all can't be picked in the 17, some will have to miss out.

Matt Ballin was boring to watch and tackling isn't everything in hooker. Matt Ballin missed about 5 a game.
Ballin's missed tackle average per match for this year was 2.3, but don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda though.

I agree that tackling isn't everything in a hooker, my point was that Matt Ballin brought other qualities to the side taht maybe Parcell doesn't possess....boring or not.

I think Parcell will Start and use Koroisau as rotation. I'm not sold on Brown. But with all the Forwards we have now they all can't be picked in the 17, some will have to miss out.
Are you suggesting brown may be play nsw cup? If so no way, Parcell is too good for reserve grade. Plus with Koroisau missing the majority of pre season trial matches it may be hard for him to grab a spot ahead of ParcellParcell

Where do I say in this that Brown would be playing NSW Cup. And if you read it properly I said Parcell would be our Starting Hooker. Plus he would be our back Up 5/8 if need be. I just Don't think Brown is our 2nd best Hooker. He is prob 3rd at best.

How is my comment negative? It's the truth Koroisau can't expect to get back in the side as soon as he is back
Negativity is in the eye of the beholder. We're all negative, unless we're happy with whatever happens.

If you think Parcell is top choice, you're negative about Api. If you think Api's first choice, you're negative about Parcell.

I'm sure Api sees himself in the top side. And based on what Barrett has said so far, it seems he does too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7