The pre-game warm-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I've long thought that allowing the players warm-up for 30 minutes or so on the field before an NRL match was bad for fans at the game for two reasons:
1. It dilutes the rush of excitement fams get when their team runs on the field to PLAY (sort of like seeing your bride just before she walks down the aisle)
2. It means the lead up game (the Under 20s) finishes 40 minutes or so early, leaving we fans with a 40-minute 'dead zone'

So, unless I'm mistaken, don't the SOO teams forego this on-field warm-up? Yes, I realise that ANZ Stadium is large enough to allow players to warm-up indoors to an extent (they can't catch 'bombs', practice goal kicking etc). But why can't NRL teams revert to the 'good old days' when teams warmed up elsewhere (at Brookie it was on the school ground across the road)?

Thoughts?

Agreed, too much dead time between games. Would prefer to watch NSW Cup as the curtin raiser.

It gives the tv stations time to sort things out, chit chat about who is in who is out blah blah blah. It is all run by the tv stations and I would guess that they demand it from each team

I use to like the mission impossible stuff before origin.

On another note, how much does it suck that 9 don't show the game in HD

And let's not forget the injury toll from the "warm-ups".Not huge,but there's been a few over the last few years. (all teams,not just us)

Let's hope next week you guys get to see Lyon practicing his kicking.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4