The race thread (for Fro)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Is there a difference between races?

Should this be taken into account?

Is taking it into account "racist"?

Does inter-racial marriage work?

Interesting case in point is the recent Harbijan hearing. The WASP Proctor has taken the word of the WASP Australian team management over the management of the coolies.

Why is this?

Yes there is.

Taken into account when judging what? a persons worth? NO. A persons sutability for certain things? yes.

No but theres a difference between taking it into account and being prejudiced by it.

Why not, depends on the people.

Or a you a purity of the bloodline man?? (and yes I seriously doubt that you are)

I don't think there is hardly any differences between races, except for culturally induced ones. To my knowledge there has been next to no huge leaps evolutionally for some 10,000 years and this is across all races. For proponents that some races are inferior I just look at the number of indigenous groups that have had members get law degrees to fight for their rights through different legal systems, and very successfully.

Mata, your use of the Harbijan 'injustice' doesn't have anything to do with race, more a case of who had more clout at the hearing.

Or a you a purity of the bloodline man?? (and yes I seriously doubt that you are)

No. But I am interested in the issue and the weight it should be given. In some respects my major interest is that history and culture is dictated by the dominant race, and at the moment that is mine - the WASP.

I think the world is poorer for that.

of course history and Culture here is dominated by the white historians, just as in China it is that of whichever Branch of Chinese culture holds sway at this time.

My comment was an answer to your question about mixed marriages anyway. I have good friends of mine who are married to Chinese and Indian women, and one who is married to an aboriginal girl. whilst I fully realise that it is not a very representative sample it is only another of the issues that inevitably crop up in any marriage.

My missus is Maori to my WASP & imo it has made our marriage stronger.

I think the initial problems not so much with us but with the realations on both sides helped us form a stronger bond

The mother in law living in NZ also helps

I am in a cross cultural marriage. I think it can bne a strength.

But problems come if one goes into such things assuming there AREN'T differences!

you are in a cross cultural marriage, but its not interracial is it?

No I'm going well, but I am not enough of a goose to think that anything will be plain sailing, we dont live in the movies :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2