The radar could be turned off soon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
Our old mate Des climbed aboard the latest stealth bomber in 2012 which was upgraded repeatedly in the next four years with no expense spared. Co pilot was the great recruiter Noel Cleal. His former club was rendered virtually toothless with backended deals , ageing troops and plundering by Des. Very strong club , great roster and ability to attract talent. First year seemed to go to script aided by a match winning fullback. Given such fantastic chance at success and no titles I suspect this is the crunch year for Des. They have looked like an amateurish rabble at times and I am sure all will be forgiven if they win this year. His reputation and what must be some great people skills in areas have spared him the critics which would be overwelming if he was another coach. I really can't think of too many excuses Someone .said to me a couple of years ago that he thought they would be unstoppable the following season and when I had a look at recruitment etc I could not argue. Has he got a trick up his sleave or is this the beginning of the end?

He's safe due to there being very limited options in the coaching ranks. The mutts could do a lot worse coach wise but could they do any better

Based on what Tezza Lamb has said about Des , maybe Dymock and Lamb will shuffle in, and to some the results will prove the " Culture theory " based on one moment in history and ignoring all other culture related coaching failures, or there will be defeaning silence on the topic

He wasted $600,000 a season on She-Rex. I would have thought any coach would have realised that Williams was an under-achiever. Worse was the fact that DESpicable had coached She-Rex and knew exactly what he was not capable of.
From what I hear, Dogs supporters think DESpicable should use Reynolds as a hooker and buy a good halfback. This is why Foran has been linked to them.

I really dont understand the critics on des's performance at the dogs.. Hes been there 4 full seasons, has made top 8 all 4 years (and again this year), has made the grand final 2/4, and his team is always up with a chance at the business end.. Name another coach with the same success in the last 5 seasons???
Pretty pathetic to whinge at a coach that has that kind of record... Tooves only made it to 1 gf and we all love him (amd rightfully so) but even that was mostly off the squad des built and structures that des put in place

5 of the last 10 grand finals have been contested by a des hasler coached team.. 6 if u count 2013 which was basically a des team... Hated how he left, but would personally pack barretts/cartwrights/bozos bags and pay for the taxi fare if hasler wanted to come back to manly

I really dont understand the critics on des's performance at the dogs.. Hes been there 4 full seasons, has made top 8 all 4 years (and again this year), has made the grand final 2/4, and his team is always up with a chance at the business end.. Name another coach with the same success in the last 5 seasons???
Pretty pathetic to whinge at a coach that has that kind of record... Tooves only made it to 1 gf and we all love him (amd rightfully so) but even that was mostly off the squad des built and structures that des put in place
The dogs put a lot of pressure on themselves. Nearly every club would be happy with that consistency some would sell there soul for it.
But this is a club that made media statements that there Goal is two premierships by 2020. Well the clock is ticking.

Remember Parra had the same goal and look at the lengths they went to try and achieve it

The dogs put a lot of pressure on themselves. Nearly every club would be happy with that consistency some would sell there soul for it.
But this is a club that made media statements that there Goal is two premierships by 2020. Well the clock is ticking.

Remember Parra had the same goal and look at the lengths they went to try and achieve it

Well they got time lol
This seasons anyones guess
At half way i thought cows or broncs for sure, now i cant see either getting close
Raiders are young and inexperienced, i think they will fall early.. Sharks are proving to be useless after a stellar run...
I think dogs and storm could easily contest the gf this year

Still 4 yrs (including 2020) for both to reach their goals. I know i had to laugh out loud at that.

Des knows how to get his team firing for finals footy so whilst they are there they are a chance. They are sitting in the top 4 and regardless of the grinding close wins, it's winning that matters.

Des and his dogs are still under the radar imo

I was in a corporate box a couple of weeks ago at ANZ to see Manly play the dogs. Part of the package was that we were allowed on to the field to see the warm ups up close.
Got talking to an ex-player who played for both Manly and the Dogs in the 90's and who could hit like a cement truck. During our conversation, he stated in his opinion that Des will one day return to Manly as he is a "Manly man" and once the environment over there changes.....

I doubt he himself would be satisfied unless he wins it this year based on everything he has had in his favour. Tooves has a 50% rate of making grand finals so I am not sure stats always prove points. I am a Hasler fan but I still wonder wether a club especially the dogs will handle a bare cupboard after 5-6 years of such a good roster. Only time will tell

I was in a corporate box a couple of weeks ago at ANZ to see Manly play the dogs. Part of the package was that we were allowed on to the field to see the warm ups up close.
Got talking to an ex-player who played for both Manly and the Dogs in the 90's and who could hit like a cement truck. During our conversation, he stated in his opinion that Des will one day return to Manly as he is a "Manly man" and once the environment over there changes.....

You'd have to say spot on, but there would need to be some massive changes at the top for that to happen.

A lot, and I do mean a LOT of bad blood was created at the time, by both parties I should add.

I cringe every time I hear sports team or person make very bold predictions. I think it goes back to the Shark being so confident before tournaments, it made me squirm. James missile the swimmer made me also squirm. In general I think it detracts from performance with rare exceptions like Ali of course. Any other clubs plan on winning two before 2020? The maths is starting to get a bit awkward

cmon give us a clue will ya

can't think of anyone who was Damn Good at hitting like a cement truck who played for both.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6