The reason why we lost...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Our inability to turn 40 minutes of pure domination into more than 14 points. We should have scored at least 2 perhaps 3 more tries.

The refs shouldn't have mattered as the Roosters should have been out of the game before they even scored.

Why we couldn't score I don't know. Missing Stewart's brilliance at the back, a bit of inexperience in our halves, injuries to key payers and matai dropping the ball are all probably factors.

Been this way all year. We lack fitness to compete in the 2nd half and no speed to take advantage when we are on top.

Yep, and we panicked went it went bad.  Bigtime.

No composure in that second half.

Why are there so many dramatic swings in so many games these days?
Most teams can't defend, and when penalties go against you teams can string together 30 unanswered points.
Why? What's happened to an 80-minute dominate performace?
I'm sure that genius Technical Coach will be able to tell us.

30 unaswered points ....again....painfull...blame the ref or whoever but with 60% ball in the first half, 14-6 aint good enough.

Start planning mad Mondauy early boys....you aint in this comp for long.

Oh **** cant say that can I....Im a Manly fan.....sorry but a bull**** effort

I'm usually loathe to blame ref's. But today, massive momentum killers all day. We should've been up by more sure, but 8 points from nowhere is outrageous and killed it. We've never been a real threat this year, but no side is. Weakest competition of all time. The team that wins the comp this year will do so through arse. We never cop it. Dragons deserve it this year, but they aren't a great side as most Premiers are. Arse will decide this competition, and we don't cop it, so it sucks.

I'm waiting for one of the usual referee blunders to decide this year's grand final. I hope it goes against St George. Only then will the outcry be so loud that something will be done about the interpretation of the rules.
Go the howler in the GF!

ads link said:
Our inability to turn 40 minutes of pure domination into more than 14 points. We should have scored at least 2 perhaps 3 more tries.

The refs shouldn't have mattered as the Roosters should have been out of the game before they even scored.

I agree.  At 12 nil I had the feeling that if we didn't get another try we were in trouble.  At 14-8 and with the refs having showed their true colours I knew we were in big trouble in the second half.

Cut the ref bashing please..we have gone scoreless in the second half this year how many times???we have given up leads this year how many times????

We aint good enough....full stop....end of 2010.

Good night

Barry the problem stems in some cases of coaches still stuck in the "defence wins games attitude" yes it helps you stay in games but its more important to have efficient attacking structures from working your way out of your own half to composure in executing plays at the right time.

Confidence in your patterns of go forward and attacking structures results in less dropped ball(less risk taking and one out runners being dominated) and improved possession counts which inturn places less pressure on your defence in terms of tackle counts resulting in less fatigue.

The problem we face though is we dont have the body types that can sustain origin like intensity for long periods leaving us either tired physically or too many players being injured in the first half due to over aggressive tackling. Add to that a lack of attacking composure and your second halves will be carbon copies like they have been for the last 2yrs.

In short we dominate possession and field position in the first half but you very rarely win marathons sprinting the first km.

barry fuc*ing hyland you goose we need bodys like yours big FAT man boobs and big wide hips like yours you fu*ker.....

"Less Fat" Rose,Perry,Stewart,Joe Galuvao need to trim up and we need to purchase two hole pluggers since we lost Menzies and Williamson to tighten the middle when our big forwards are struggling.

Attack needs more speed and we need a new half---or use Foran at half Lyon at 5/8, Farrar back in the centres or play him at half keeping Foran at 5/8 (if we retain Farrar)---Hoppa in the centres with Stewart back at Fullback.)

The Tigers are starting to get the right balance but still need a little more size.

When we played the Tigers recently at Blue Tongue i actually saw a lot of positives in the Tigers performance even though they played bad you could see their forwards were trying to be in your face a little more which they need to do to stop the go forward of larger teams.

Farrar at half - surely you jest? I assume you were a believer in putting Cuthbo on the wing!!

ads link said:
Farrar at half - surely you jest? I assume you were a believer in putting Cuthbo on the wing!!

I'd put George Rose at fullback maybe he is so wide they wouldnt be able to run  around him.

Haha - Good idea. That would be just like putting Bailey in the starting second row..... oh wait.....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2