The sick feeling of loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Now in recent days theres been a thousand threads of speculation
about players leaving,with the cap as it is even with the increase we will not be able to keep everyone

Something has got to give

Options are something along the lines of this

Stewies,both gone keep our halves
Lyon,Matai both gone keep our halves
Front row of King,Joe,Kite and Rose gone
perhaps be enough,perhaps not
Maybe Ballin

Our older players who could use a salary boost,one or
more of them should go and find it because if i or anyone
else from this site was in the current team,atleast i know i would
leave in the best interest of the club to probably england.....

Sadly i think our best chance is losing either the Stewies or Lyon
because someone from this current crop of superstars is going to
go and i sure as **** hope its not someone under 24

The priorities are the young backs....inclusive of halves
1 DCE
2 Foran
3 Whare
4 Tafua
5 Tcup FB (name forgotten)
6 Olds
7 Tbone
8 Lussick

I didnt include Buhrer because i see him as the future beaver,he will not
leave for a long time,same with Choc

Yes,all the players ive mentioned might need a tap on the shoulder
are duel premiership winning players (Rose was in the 07 squad,Joe G
from his days at penrith) and while some people might find it highly disrespectful to hope for one or more of these blokes to move on to
keep our halves,lets put it into perspective

We have not had a halves combination like this since Lyon and Toovey and thats to long a ****ing time to let it all fall apart and we lead the league ahead of the Warriors who have a so so 5/8 (i dont particularly rate Maloney however there is no other combo within sight of these 2)

We will feel that sick feeling of loss soon but in what form we do not yet know,we should brace for the coming storm

I for one am preparing for the loss of some of our great players. Very sad but i think we have done will to keep them together this long.

I like the idea of keeping Lyon and Matai. Some tough decisions ahead, and no doubt some favourite players will be lost.

Not sure how i feel yet as to who it will or should be.

Rumours are strong about Snake and if he goes, perhaps gifty may ask to as well.

I agree that the halves are a priority.

At the end of the day, all i want is for this great club to thrive.

I think everyone on this site is on the same page, which is keeping our younger players even if it means losing some very important and loved senior players. The thing we are all worried about is the never ending flow of rumors that Foran and DCE may not be resigned with Manly which would be devastating. We need these two champions playing for Manly, they bring alot of positive media attention to our club which is refreshing and they bring in major sponsors ect.

So when we lose all these senior players who is going to pull the young pups into line? Especially when they start behaving like pecker heads because their sense of self worth has grown exponentially after commanding a salary many only dream of, or at best don't earn in most cases until well into their career (40s, 50s)

Better to feel sick from loss now than go through all sorts of feelings like Storm supporters did when the cheats tried to keep all of their stars.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7