The sky is falling!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
God said:
Beaten by Parra, enough said.

There is no positives there at all.

Of course there was;

1. Great debut by Tafua!
2. Great return by shoulders!
3. Ferris again showed some much talent!
4. Nood is back!!
5. Snake showed in defense why is one of the best!!
6. Choc was strong!!
7. Matty Ballin is a champion!!

So we lost..........struggled with cohesion, go forward and defence! Better now than in the Grand final.

Working in the hills district after that is not going to make for a fun working week.

God said:
Working in the hills district after that is not going to make for a fun working week.

Just ask them if they've won a Premiership in the internet age. They'll be so confused.

God said:
Beaten by Parra, enough said.

g'day all,our problems are basically injuries and suspension,there is no substitute for stability inhaving the same team week in week out.So please everyone give the guys a break and think how any team would be going with the same amount and quality of players out.As for no positives i think that despite the problems and not playing all that wellwe still had a chance of winning those games,so weve just got to tough it out until we can get back to full strength.
cheers mike

anthonyb1965 said:

Of course there was;

1. Great debut by Tafua!
2. Great return by shoulders!
3. Ferris again showed some much talent!
4. Nood is back!!
5. Snake showed in defense why is one of the best!!
6. Choc was strong!!
7. Matty Ballin is a champion!!

So we lost..........struggled with cohesion, go forward and defence! Better now than in the Grand final.
[/quote]

WE WON THE GF LAST YEAR.... not five years ago!

How much cohesion do we need to find?
Our defence was terrible! We fell off more tackles tonight than we missed all last year.
2008 we were hungry
2011 we were just good
2012 we lack cohesion, go forward & defence?

IMO our top players aren't resting on their laurels, they're resting on their contracts!

The one big positive for me is we finally get to play a game at Brookvale Oval next week!

Yeah hopefully once we are back to close to full strength. We are back at brookie, hopefully we can get our season back on track.

Taufua was definitely a positive, he will hopefully fill the gap left by robbo on what is now oldfields wing.

Fingers crossed to a full team (minus trex) next week for brookie rd 1

Lack of defensive intensity in the first half worried me. We are falling off tackles and giving away metres we would not normally concede.

Canteen Worker said:
Lack of defensive intensity in the first half worried me. We are falling off tackles and giving away metres we would not normally concede.

This is our main problem, if we fix our defense our attack will fall into place. Even in the two games we have won this year we were soft in defense though the ruck and it seems like we are getting worse in that area not better. Toovey needs crack some whips at training this week.

Yep, I do get the feeling the contract situation are having a big impact on the concentration and application.

Injuries and suspensions are the other problem. However there's an upside to most things. A couple of our young players got their chance tonight and that's always good to see.

It's only very early in the season and there's plenty of time to sort things out. Adversity has a way of bringing teams together so even though they lost again, I'm confident there are better times ahead. Can't wait to get back to Brooky.

Back to Brookvale will help but have we ever won a Monday night game.We probably have but god i hate them.Will be a **** crowd no doubt on a Monday after 4 days holiday.Would have been nice to have a sunny Sunday arvo game.My main worries this year had nothing to with the capabilities of our best side-they were our bad draw to start to the year and that we have quite a few blokes who have already won 2 comps.Would there be enough passion to do what has proved almost impossible and go back to back?At top strength maybe but outside our top 15 we have absolutely nothing to call on unfortunately and we are seeing that right now.We look desperately tired and Penrith,although hit or miss, are the sort of side that will play the game at a breakneck pace.I suspect they may be almost favourites if Lyon and Foran out and to be honest they should win with half our side out.We have to lift in the next few as our top 4 chance will be shot otherwise and good luck winning 3 away games to make the GF from 7 or 8.Time for some real Manly ticker which we know is there.

Always seem to be 3 camps. A disaster, those who look at the positive, and those who try to limit the negative by prempting comments which is rife in the foxsports comments if anyone wastes time reading them.

However, my thanks to you positive people out there as I for one think that was a disgusting effort, and I am glad to be o/s so sometimes I just get the result without sitting through the whole game.

Parra have been thumped ALL YEAR, just because hindmarsh was retiring we didnt have to start his sendoff run.

Smarter people then me can analyise the game to death and with more insight I could muster but the result stays the same. It was a gutless effort.

Off to read some more positive comments.

comment from pluto" Hey NASA, I was big enough for your mum!!"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4