The slow conversion of a Parramatta supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So my Sister outlaw is a parramatta supporter, and in a wheelchair. For the past 5 years I have been slowly converting her to become a Sea Eagles supporter and repeatedly shown her the error of her ways in supporting the Eels.

Well when my wife and I received our members packs, she really liked the hat, not being the hat wearing type I donated my hat to her, which she has now been wearing.

I also had a 2011 members sticker that my parents gave me last year. So I just snuck it on to the back of her wheelchair, in the most visible place.

It will take her weeks, if not months to notice it as she rarely sees the back of her wheelchair, and given it is a 2011 member one, she is going to think I had put it there sometime last year. Should be good fun.

My wifes mother is a Tigers supporter, so she will strongly disapprove of the sticker and this should add to much hilarity and possible another shunning event of me, in which I eventually have to apologise to the family for my pranks and misbehavior

haha good times

Pissing off your mother in law is one thing but picking on a girl in a chair is another you lowlife! :) lol

Stevo said:
Pissing off your mother in law is one thing but picking on a girl in a chair is another you lowlife! :) lol

Her disability is her supporting Parramatta rather than anything else, as I see it I am helping.

When I read the Title I thought it actually said the Slow CONVERSATION of a Parramatta Supporter

I have a good friend who is a Parra supporter. Recently he moved to Narrabeen, so I gave him one of my old Manly hats and when he wears it he gets favourable comments from passers-by, including the postman and bus drivers. I then sent his contact details to MWSE who mailed him out a membership pack.
He says he will sign up. I keep pushing him. Just waiting for him to convert. At least now that he is in God's Country he realises that peace-of-mind comes with being a Silvertail. I look forward to having him sit beside me on the Hill and cheering for the Premiers.

Emma my SIL asked about membership packages today. Being disabled and on a pension it's beyond her means. If I see her cheering for them properly this year I'll get her a supporter membership for her birthday. And maybe one for the dragon in law too just for giggles

When I first met my wife Vicky in 1983, she was a Parramatta supporter (or should I say fan as she never gave them any financial support). We've now been married for just over 26 years and she's been a Manly supporter now for about 25 of those years so it took me about 3 years to convert her.

Daniel said:
So my Sister outlaw is a parramatta supporter, and in a wheelchair. For the past 5 years I have been slowly converting her to become a Sea Eagles supporter and repeatedly shown her the error of her ways in supporting the Eels.

Well when my wife and I received our members packs, she really liked the hat, not being the hat wearing type I donated my hat to her, which she has now been wearing.

I also had a 2011 members sticker that my parents gave me last year. So I just snuck it on to the back of her wheelchair, in the most visible place.

It will take her weeks, if not months to notice it as she rarely sees the back of her wheelchair, and given it is a 2011 member one, she is going to think I had put it there sometime last year. Should be good fun.

My wifes mother is a Tigers supporter, so she will strongly disapprove of the sticker and this should add to much hilarity and possible another shunning event of me, in which I eventually have to apologise to the family for my pranks and misbehavior

haha good times

I applaud you.
I also do my very best to convert anybody I come across, even Irish immigrants who looked at calling Australia home. They support Union so there's not that much farther for them to follow League.

Don't worry about the disability factor.
Disabled people WANT to be treated equally.
Hence, your good deeds in Manly-fying her (some may call it pranks), is indeed a practice of treating them like anybody else.
No need to apologize to your family as you're only doing them a favour by helping them to see the errors they have committed.

I married a Manly supporter. No problems in the domestic area.
If she ever follow another club, there's always the exit door for her.

---

My uncle is a Parra supporter. Poor fella.
But I have to give him credit as he insisted prior to the GF that Manly should win it so the trophy stays in Australia.
Not a bad effort for an Eel.

Jethro said:
When I first met my wife Vicky in 1983, she was a Parramatta supporter (or should I say fan as she never gave them any financial support). We've now been married for just over 26 years and she's been a Manly supporter now for about 25 of those years so it took me about 3 years to convert her.

I am surprised you married her. She should have converted at least 26 years ago.
I managed to convert my wife in 6 months. She was a knights supporter, so an easy swap

Dan79 said:
Jethro said:

I am surprised you married her. She should have converted at least 26 years ago.
I managed to convert my wife in 6 months. She was a knights supporter, so an easy swap

Extra points for Jethro though for managing it during the eels only period of success in 64 years.

Daniel said:

haha good times

That's GOLD! Nothing more to say.

She still hasn't noticed the sticker. She came over yesterday and I kept hinting about it to her :)

My plan is now to add more and more Manly Sea Eagles stickers and other stuff to her chair.

I have a "you're on Manly Turf" coaster that I am going to sticky tape to her chair next time I see her

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6