The Supercoach Silvertails Chat about Supercoach Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Ok I've created a Silvertails group for everyone that plays to join
Just follow the instructions

--------
1. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for the The Daily Telegraph NRL SuperCoach Competition, simply click the following link (you may need to login):
http://supercoach.dailytelegraph.com.au/nrl/classic/group?cic=477781

(Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you'll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the ten head-to head leagues of 20, in which you may continue to participate as usual).

2. If you have NOT YET REGISTERED, simply click on the link below and fill in the registration form as usual:

http://supercoach.dailytelegraph.com.au/nrl/classic/?p=register&group_code=477781
(On successful registration, you'll automatically be added to this Group. Simply look for the "GROUPS" tab in the nav of your Leagues page).

I went around in circles a bit yesterday trying to balance the team.

Hooker is by biggest question, Parcell will go up but splitting the duties with Api will reduce his limit, Cherington will go up but be dropped as soon as one of the injured come back or split time with a backrower.

Or do I drop Smith for both and invest in a different cash cow like Tedesco?

Hooker is by biggest question, Parcell will go up but splitting the duties with Api will reduce his limit, Cherington will go up but be dropped as soon as one of the injured come back or split time with a backrower.

I went with Granville and Parcell but that could change.

You think Tedesco is a cash cow ?? How much are you expecting his price to go up, he's already top shelf. I assume you mean a points machine.

Hooker is a tough one, always is. Especially for teams that run with another dummy half on the bench, as you want maximum minutes out of your 9. I considered Seggy, but in the end I went with Smith as he is always a solid consistent 80min performer. Just means I have to trade him around Origin time. I went for Parcell on bench, more out of hope that he will deliver IRL not just in SC. J Nikorima was the other obvious choice for bench hooker given the Roosters halves issues, just remains to be seen how big the feather is that they punish Pearce with and how many weeks he gets.

I found the CTW the most difficult to fill, mainly because I invested heavily in gun forwards which didn't leave me a lot of cash to splash around for backs. I hoping Highlander isn't just a one week experiment.

Anyway we'll learn a lot after the first 3 trial rounds, always do. Key is to have a few cash cows ready to go once prices start to change. There's a few cheapies named for Round 1, but whether they last the cut after 3 rounds remains to be seen. A lot of good players coming back from injury and suspension in the next couple of weeks

Anyone having a go at the Perfect 8 concept ?

yeah I mean high cash high points.

Didn't have too much issues with C/W as there are a lot of cheapies out there, just hoping they last the 3 weeks for a return. I don't like to have too many strong areas to start to allow improvement across the park so went with Harris as a C/W to prop up the starting 13. Can't see his minutes reducing on the back of the interchange drop.

Anyway we'll learn a lot after the first 3 trial rounds, always do. Key is to have a few cash cows ready to go once prices start to change. There's a few cheapies named for Round 1, but whether they last the cut after 3 rounds remains to be seen. A lot of good players coming back from injury and suspension in the next couple of weeks

Yeah my strategy is not to stress too much early about the guns and focus on players that are going to make money early so that post origin you should have a gun team consistently doing over 1100. Of course this chews up a lot of trades so can backfire if you get injury ravaged, so when looking at the guns, look at the break evens and try to find value, there are the obvious must haves from the start but a lot you can 'aim to get' a few rounds in if they look like dropping. Alot of the cheapies will (hopefully) get a 70-100k price rise if they have a decent few rounds, so i try and start with the 6 cheapest i think will rise, sit em in my reserves, then trade for the consistent guns as soon as they peak. i ended up with a team worth 2.7mil over the original cap last season, but was out of trades with 2 rounds to go. I'll learn from that this year and keep a few in the pocket.

My strategy is different.

I figure you must have the Gun players for the whole season. I figure its no point buying Parker, Gallen Burgess, RTS etc etc after round 1.

Last edited:
Could be bad luck for those that bought Cherrington

Wests Tigers: There are rumours Jack Littlejohn could start at hooker, with Chris Lawrence starting at five-eighth, Kyle Lovett starting in the second row and Manaia Cherrington starting on the bench.

giphy.gif

Could be bad luck for those that bought Cherrington

Wests Tigers: There are rumours Jack Littlejohn could start at hooker, with Chris Lawrence starting at five-eighth, Kyle Lovett starting in the second row and Manaia Cherrington starting on the bench.

giphy.gif
Yeah! What too do?
I can still trade him for Parcell?
By the sound of it they will both be playing 40ish min!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6