The Swoop- Official Game Day Magazine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Hi everyone,

Pleased to let you all know that we launched our official game day magazine- The Swoop at our Round 17 match v the Eels.

For those unable to make it to Fortress Brookvale, we will have an archive of past editions available on our website the week after the game.

To check these out click here

We are very happy with the first edition, however can always do better. Please feel free to send through any feedback or suggestions for future content.

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks Larissa - a great addition from the club.

Would be great to get a page or two with some season to date stats in there. Appearances, tries, tackles, crowd numbers etc.

Another thing which would be great for the kids would be a double-page photo pull-out of a nominated player (with interview) which they could put on their walls - I know my son would love that!

Go Manly!

I finallu got a look at the mag today and its excellent certainly above the sea eagles news. Actually these would make good collectibles

Larissa

A great magazine and it is good to have the magazine online as well because a lot of us can't get to the games, but support the mighty MWSE from a far with passion

Dan said:
I finallu got a look at the mag today and its excellent certainly above the sea eagles news. Actually these would make good collectibles

Ahhh, so that's what @Dan was holding in the pic with Matilda!

Mag looks good Larissa. You should sell them to people in Aust and send free ones to me us overseas.

Looking at a way we could sell these to fans who can't make it to the games from next year.

Something like $5-10 (maybe $5 for Australia and $10 international?)

Would this be of interest to people?

Would be of interest to me Larissa, maybe someway it could be packaged into a membership or something like that

I've always enjoyed the Sea Eagles news at every home match, and was even more impressed with the quality and look of The Swoop.
For me, who devours most things written about Manly, I'm less interested in articles about the upcoming match (because, generally, they are full of platitudes, cliches and information we supporters already know) and more about the behind-the-scenes activities, ie. what players do in their spare times, what are their hobbies, features on their families, how they stay fit, get over injuries, their nerves, pre-game rituals, video review sessions etc. Likewise Tooves: the planning that goes into each match.
I have really enjoyed the videos on Donny and the strength and conditioning consultant. It gave me an insight that normal football reporting doesn't. More of that, please.
What about an article about how the club goes about its recruitment? Manages its salary cap? Profiles on new players for 2014?
Why not ask players to submit stories and photos?
- Keep up the good work Larissa.

Larissa said:
Looking at a way we could sell these to fans who can't make it to the games from next year.

Sorry I got distracted. Looking at the on line version and scrolled down to various other magazines and found "The NAKED and the lens" and have been *ahem* perusing that!!

But yes, I'd be interested. Manly is so far from Canada and no player visits so far.... so anything that I can get/buy is good for me.

Maybe there could be a subscription so I wouldn't have to remember each game?

edit: WELCOME BACK FROM HOLIDAYS Larissa....Hope you had fun! Pics!!! + Pics with Hat

Subscription could definitely be an option.

Thanks for the suggestions The Who, at the moment we are restricted somewhat to branching out with 'behind-the-scenes' articles because of the 16 page length of the mag. We are full to the brim ticking off junior teams, community, junior league, cheerleaders but would love to get more of what you are suggesting in future.

We are also investigating the viability of a Members pre-season guide magazine as part of the 2014 packages.

The Who said:
I've always enjoyed the Sea Eagles news at every home match, and was even more impressed with the quality and look of The Swoop.

Thank you but you've never seen me. lol

Larissa said:
Hi everyone,

Pleased to let you all know that we launched our official game day magazine- The Swoop at our Round 17 match v the Eels.

Larissa

Larissa you pinched my name and I'm proud it's on the official MWSE magazine but you should have asked first:)

Silvertails player of the year, weekly ladder update by @Mosto (to make the boys try harder)

Member of the week! Just who is our #1 ticket holder and are we sure they aren't on the run?

Manly from overseas. The trials and tribulations of the fans far from home. A riveting 26 part series!

(Maybe just the first two)

Edit: The article about the DCE v sandow matchup was really good, except for one small point........

edit edit: And get Hugh Jackman off his butt and become more of a fan!

Larissa said:

How about if it was a membership optional extra. $100 for all issues. I'd pay it.

CAMBO said:
Larissa said:

How about if it was a membership optional extra. $100 for all issues. I'd pay it.

Me too

That's be simply the moose! Mooser than all the rest!

(amoosezing)

swoop said:
The Who said:

Thank you but you've never seen me. lol

Larissa said:
Hi everyone,

Larissa

Larissa you pinched my name and I'm proud it's on the official MWSE magazine but you should have asked first:)
Swoop got scooped, lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8