The thing that's going to cost the NRLin broadcasting.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
The radio deal. With what happened on Wednesday night with Radio Moron going on this is what's going to cost us.

For those who supported it, it has set a very dangerous precedent it could possible mean that Jog Bloggs could set up a radio station and call every game free of charge.

So to News well done.

Comparison AFL would have shut it down quicker then you could have said "a"

Ummmmm, what?

Can you chuck in a bit of background please. 70 reads & no replies. I don't think I'm the only one who has no idea what you're on about.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
ill try and help. Its about origin 3. In brisbane last week a local radio station ran a campaign criticising the radio calls currently were too biased toward the blues and sought to introduce there own call using a host of 2 headed bogans including bill macdonald and paul green

It was called radion maroon. Now this radio station did not have the rights to broadcast but didnt care. I think 2gb had the rights and told them , you cant do that we paid a motza, I think gallop made a statement saying he supported 2gb's stance

They didnt care and the show went on as with the short notice 2gb made a commercial decision it was too expensive to close down, and would look to seek damages after the fact. The NRL sat on its hands and didnt help

The problem being, the dominant owner in our game and a major financial contributor in payment for rights ( fox limited) ran adds in there paper ( courier mail) supporting the broadcast

How they could support such action as a shareholder is outrageous

This is the same players that come down heavy on free streaming but allow radio stations to do what they want

As always with news ltd , who can never be trusted you just have to ask the question, Why . And i for 1 will never believer it was a bout qld listeners. More about them somehow although i wont specualte how

You do realise that about 6 radio stations cover AFL games and most of them are all doing the one game at the same time. The bigger crime is selling the league rights to the one station.

I put this in the "so what/who cares" basket.

Canteen Worker said:
Bottom line is that a News Broadcasting company has no business running a sport - there are too many conflicts of interest..

Maybe a conflict of interest, but although News Ltd have effectively been running the sport, I can't see too many times where they have tried to cover things up to help the sport.

There is a bigger conflict of interest in News companies who sell advertising if you ask me or News companies who make political donations.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6