The Tool is at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phil Rothfield: Great form of Manly Sea Eagles masks huge dramas at the NRL club

IT’S amazing that the Manly Sea Eagles continue to lead the premiership on the back of the incredible will to win of the senior playing group.

This club is not a happy place right now, despite the smiling faces you see most weeks on Channel 9 and Fox Sports’ coverage of their games.

The anger over management’s refusal to make long-serving forward Glenn Stewart an offer has again been reignited by other recent player deals.

Jamie Buhrer recently signed a big-money, three-year deal and another back-rower Jesse Sene-Lefao is about to extend his contract.

Players are asking how Manly can find more than $350,000 for these two but couldn’t at the very least make the 2011 Clive Churchill Medal winner an offer.

The biggest problem for an under-fire front office is Brett Stewart.

Brett Stewart is fuming at his treatment.

The flying fullback is on a mission on the field but not happy off it.

He feels his brother has been disrespected and is first out of the dressing sheds these days.

Hard-as-nails centre Steve Matai has received a massive four-year deal offer from the Warriors and wants out.

He is the first Sea Eagles star to go public and reveal his true feelings.

“Glenn and I are quite close and I’m disappointed with the club,” Matai told a New Zealand newspaper over the weekend.

“They didn’t do their best to try to keep him here when he’s one of a core group that has been together for a long time.

“It might have a snowball effect on other senior players. We’ve been together for 10 years and for the club not to see the culture we’ve built is disappointing.”

Manly press conference4:54
A season ago he would have said no to the Warriors. But with the loyalty chain broken, he and other players now want to go.

The other problem surrounds the Sea Eagles’ outstanding five-eighth Kieran Foran.

Foran wants to see where Manly are going before committing to a long-term deal extension.

All these issues face coach Geoff Toovey before he gets to gun halfback Daly Cherry-Evans , whose negotiations are now on delay until the end of next season when he plans to test the market.

Manly have been in four of the past seven grand finals and could make another this season.

But to say the future is bright is wrong. Long term, it is anything but.

Ahh good old Rothtool and the news limited filth.

They never miss a chance to sink the slipper in.

As for Rothtool, he normally vents his poison at us when his beloved fish fingers crash and lets face it thats nearly every week.

Player disunity blah blah blah, we have heard it all before. This guy is sooooo envious of Manly, you cant blame him as a Sharks fan as we have crushed them any time they look like succeeding.

Our club culture is something that he can only dream of for his fishies.

The truth is that no one at our club pretty much talks to any of the news filth.

Keep writing your bile Rothtool and we will keep on winning, you are a pathetic excuse for a sports writer.

The sharks are running last but there are dramas at Manly LOL . Can you belive this D head LOL
IT’S amazing that the Telegraph continue to employ suck a F wit

You can bet his mate Zorba has been feeding him all this info.
I heard him mention he hoped Snake would stay at Manly beyond this year.
Unfortunately this time a lot of what the Tool has written in the article could well be true.... For once.

Masked Eagle said:
I know he is a tool, however, his story does have quotes from Matai himself.

Quite a bit to say. The party has to end sometime I guess?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11292580

And in other signing news the nrl just signed a deal too move the sharks to qld a source close to the nrl said.

You guys don't seem to scared of rugby league's most 'feared' critic.

Unless the fear is he has tenure.

Masked Eagle said:
I know he is a tool, however, his story does have quotes from Matai himself.
I know he is a tool and its obvious the players would be sad to see Gift go but unless i see our players stop palying for each other then i will believe we have dramas at our club .
Look at the state Newcastle are in . The Broncos with salary cap investigations The sharks are a basketcase . The Roosters disgraceful loss from leading 24- 0 to the disfunctional Sharks with 3rd grade coach .
Did any one see how passionately our players sang the Manly song on tcn 9 after our win against the Tigers ?
Look for s***t and you will find s***t anywhere but You will find much more S***t
at the sharks then you will find at Manly but the Dhead tool says that the future at the sharks is bright LOL
He looks like a Fwit talks like a Fwit walks like a Fwit and writes articles like a Fwit and who ever takes any notice of his s***t is a Fwit

He went after Wolfie with his expose of the $5 bets as the root of all evil. :mad:

In this article he confused Ferris with Jesse, as in fact Jesse is the one already extended and Ferris is yet to be finalised. :huh:

Snake leaving first, maybe due to his needing a lift as he lost his licence for 3 months. I certainly got my Hi-5 from him on his lap around Brookie, and it takes me a while to hobble down from the stands. :)

The extension offer to Matai may smooth the waters too.

Foz has been smiling like a Cheshire cat on the field - so must be in denial about Gifty, Matai and Snake ;)

Manly continue to defy othes' limiting beliefs about their performance - and it is galling to them :D

So just another Manly Bashing article :cool:

Mitch said:
As much as we like to think the article is all rubbish, there is no doubt there has to be some truth to it.
Doesn't matter. Manly's culture didn't start with Matai or glenn Stewart any more than it started with Des Hasler. This club has never been prone to making decisions based on sentimentality. It has been prone to winning premierships and being a perennial contender.

Let's put this article into a bit of perspective.
What Buzz is predicting is that the Sea Eagles future is looking crap, all because a player has asked for a release to head overseas.
To the contrary, the Sharks future is apparently looking very bright, even though they are in last place, they are broke, their coach is suspended, their 5/8 sacked, they have no major sponsor, many of their players will be facing ASADA doping charges including their hero Gallen and the club have not won a single premiership since being admitted to the comp decades ago.

Rothfield is beyond delusional.

Funny how our future is so bleak yet he forgot to mention the future superstars like Taufua, Hiku, Gutherson Trbojevics etc etc

Brett is locked in for 2 more years, and it seems even the Dogs have given up on him. Just Friday Jamie said he hoped to play another 50 matches, that's 2 plus seasons.

Couldn't see us missing the 8 in the next 2 years at least.

At least Manly have a future on the northern beaches, his beloved Sharks should be Perth bound at season end.

WAMF said:
Let's put this article into a bit of perspective.
What Buzz is predicting is that the Sea Eagles future is looking crap, all because a player has asked for a release to head overseas.
To the contrary, the Sharks future is apparently looking very bright, even though they are in last place, they are broke, their coach is suspended, their 5/8 sacked, they have no major sponsor, many of their players will be facing ASADA doping charges including their hero Gallen and the club have not won a single premiership since being admitted to the comp decades ago.

Rothfield is beyond delusional.
Classic WAMF !!! :D

bob dylan said:
Funny how our future is so bleak yet he forgot to mention the future superstars like Taufua, Hiku, Gutherson Trbojevics etc etc

Brett is locked in for 2 more years, and it seems even the Dogs have given up on him. Just Friday Jamie said he hoped to play another 50 matches, that's 2 plus seasons.

Couldn't see us missing the 8 in the next 2 years at least.

At least Manly have a future on the northern beaches, his beloved Sharks should be Perth bound at season end.

I agree, and even if the worst was to happen and Matai leaves, Hiku to Centre and Gutherson to Wing. If Cherry goes, Littlejohn to Halfback and I don't think we would lose both Cherry & Foran. If Brett goes, then Gutherson to fullback and Blair to wing. Beyond that we will have locked the rest up and with the Turbo's coming up, the future actually looks pretty bright in my opinion.

Why are we talking about losing players ????
Maybe we can start a new doom and gloom thread for the doom and gloomers LOL
where is our Manly never say die spirit !!!

Rothfelcher says:

"Manly have been in four of the past seven grand finals and could make another this season.
But to say the future is bright is wrong. Long term, it is anything but."

And at the bottom of the same page he says:

"Who says the Cronulla Sharks have no future?
Five players from the cub were selected in the Australian schoolboys team on Friday night............. "

The guy is delusional. I almost feel sorry for him.

Poor buggers probably been drinking second hand beer with Todd Carney. I don't imagine the telegraph would pay him too much for this s**t.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4