The trouble with Harrigan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Interesting to read two NRL officials take on the Taylor 'injury' ploy. McGuirk, the football operations director says that "No trainer is allowed on the field at scrums other than to attend to a serious injury". It looked like Taylor had an injury to his finger. Harrigan then states that as there were six in the scrum and Taylor wasn't offside, then all's sweet. Who's right,and is there a problem with players feigning injury to take an advantage (lying down). If those two NRL officials can't sing from the same song-book, then one can't get stuck into refs for being inconsistent.

The thing is no rule was broken. So it's more a gripe with the rules you have and not their enforcement

But was Taylor seriously injured? No so then no doctor should not be on the field during a scrum meaning that rule was broken.

I think in all fairness the tipping points for this game should be shared or go to those who chose Cronulla.

Thanks in advance.

Imagine the outcry if this had led to a 'try'? There needs to be be a new rule written to stop such ploys, along with deliberate time wasting, feigning injury, taking dives . . .
Referees should be allowed to judge whether any player is not "sticking to the spirit of the game" and penalise them. They rule on everything else, why not this?

IMO if the trainer was part of this ploy then effectively he was an extra player on the field. I'm pretty sure you can only have 13 on the field playing the game at any one time.

Simple rule would be that if you are being attended to by a Trainer you can not be involved in the next play. Any walking injured should be treated on the sideline as they intefere with their own Team as well.

But Taylor ran at the scrum :huh:
Unlike Prior, he was not following his Coaches instructions - to run at the unsuspecting Backs :p

Ivan Hemjack used to feign injury regularly and then miraculously get back in the play.

That was back in the days when the 5 metres was required on both sides of the ball.

the question is still asked why has no action taken for knocking the ref over? i am going to email gallop and harrigan for an answer

zambuck said:
the question is still asked why has no action taken for knocking the ref over? i am going to email gallop and harrigan for an answer

Because the gumby idiot got in the way?

Seriously, if a Manly player did the same thing no-one on here would be saying anything about it. It's a non-issue.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2