The two main reasons Blues will probably lose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
These two individuals are involved in a mutual love-fest.

"NSW skipper Kurt Gidley has called for coach Craig Bellamy to return for a third campaign with the Blues no matter the result in Wednesday's Origin III against Queensland at Suncorp Stadium.

Bellamy is believed to be undecided about his Origin future heading into the match, with NSW attempting to avoid a series clean sweep, having already given up a record four straight series wins to the Maroons.

The Blues have lost the last two campaigns under Bellamy, but Gidley said the Melbourne Storm mentor was still the best man for the job."

Sack the following in no particular order, no matter the result tonight:
- the Blue's selectors
- Bellyache
- Kurt Gidley
- Belly's love-child White

Bellamy has to go, his record at Orgin level is woeful. In think the problem is that no one else wants the gig, Tommy is the only one to throw his hand up each year. Gus won't do it unless he has total control over the process (selections, train on squads, camps etc), plus his ego is too big. So unless someone throws their hat into the ring then we might be stuck with Bellamy.

Once Brett is fit then Gidley won't get within a bulls roar of the NSW number 1 jumper.

Gidley is the worst captain ever for NSW and possibly in the top 5 worst players ever to play Origin.

Get rid of all of them

The biggest joke is that if Gidley doesn't play then Kimmorley or Barrett will get the Captaincy. 

Didn't the (c) use to have more meaning?  I remember Fatty passing it to Snoz then to Tooves... it was a rite of passge pretty much. 

With the Blues they gave it to a bench player with 5 games, and if he's injured they'll give it to guys who haven't played origin in years.

Gidley is hopeless but it is remarkable how many people think he is a good player. I have never rated him, not starting at fullback, or halfback or off the bench. He is constantly out of position, too slow to read plays, and doesn't offer any spark.

He also makes a lot of simple errors.

Si link said:
Gidley is hopeless but it is remarkable how many people think he is a good player. I have never rated him, not starting at fullback, or halfback or off the bench. He is constantly out of position, too slow to read plays, and doesn't often any spark.

It all boils down to the media love of him and people (not being able to think for themselves) believing in what the media says. Anything that they say about anything must be taken as gospel.

Warren Smith seems to get a lot of what he wants. Laurie Daley seems like a yes man to me

Bozo I cant understand why he isnt just telling the others to stick it and making the selections himself.

If we have lost 4 in a row, it IS time to panic in my opinion and all of them need to get the hook and if that means Gus is the almighty, selects all the players etc and controls the whole thing, so be it if it means we win

Why is Barrett in the team ahead of Soward? Name me one thing that Barrett has over Soward besides experience? Rediculous decision.

Crusher_Cleal link said:
Why is Barrett in the team ahead of Soward? Name me one thing that Barrett has over Soward besides experience? Rediculous decision.

Size.........

I would say Soward will be there next year. I think he needs some more time under Bennett and there is no point throwing him into a dead rubber and disheartening him.

Throw him in fresh next year, and he will go in with the attitude of having something to prove and blitz them.

Crusher_Cleal link said:

Defence
Experience

You throw Soward up against Thurston, Inglis and Lockyer and he would be dragged from the field after 20 minutes.

And the only reason NSW will probably lose is because QLD have more quality players to chose from than NSW do.

The only reason the Blues might win is because 
A. QLD lack intensity after wrapping up the series
B. They are missing Hannant and Civ

I agree, with these two (Gids & Bellamy) running the show we don't have much of a hope. The selectors have copped alot of critisim over the side this year but we keep hearing that Bellamy got the team/s he wanted. With Bellamy calling the shots that's the only way I can see Gidley getting the captaincy. Gidley has made as many errors if not more than the guys that got dropped so why is he still there and captain?

Jamie Lyon was dropped because of his ankle injury with a possibility to be right for the game but unable to train, so bye bye Jamie and the media jump all over him. Gidley has not been able to train with the team at all, but no dramas he's tough and will have a needle and he'll be right because NSW need him. Well we needed him in the first two games aswell but he didn't stand up.

Si link said:
Gidley is hopeless but it is remarkable how many people think he is a good player. I have never rated him, not starting at fullback, or halfback or off the bench. He is constantly out of position, too slow to read plays, and doesn't often any spark.

Good point. Well made.

Without Gidley we may have had a chance this year.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Crusher_Cleal link=topic=181066.msg232196#msg232196 date=1247625301]

Defence
Experience

You throw Soward up against Thurston, Inglis and Lockyer and he would be dragged from the field after 20 minutes.
[/quote]

The same could be said of Lockyer surely? Besides, he will have quality defenders to the left and right of him. Saints have fantastic defence this year, I'm sure he's been doing ok. Close to the line would be a problem though, I agree.

NSW are a team of good club players.  Qld are a team of rep players, end of story.  It wouldn't matter who was half, Qld is just a better team.  The only reason for a NSW win tonight is (see Clontaago above).

if you watch closely Soward sometimes plays fullback when it comes to defense close to the line

I am a Blues supporter through and through BUT Queensland WILL run riot tonight....I have just taken a TAB sportsbet on Queensland 13 plus...it could be ANYTHING!!

Go help me I'll be there as well!!!

And worse still I have to come to work in this place tomorrow!!!

Hayne is the best fullback in the comp. No idea why he isnt in no 1 jersey.

Bellamy and Gidley must be swapping wives or something.

I'm a brookvale NSW boy, but QLD want it more and show more passion. QLD 13+

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6