the unsung appreciation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mike walker

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
g'day all,Just thought that instead of all the higher profile players and their will they stay will they go whos gunna give us the most cash stuff everyone else its all about me attitude and antics, how about abit of praise and recognition for our unsung and unheard players,not to mention the loyal.So im kicking off with abig message of thanks to kingy,the hero, and my favourite the greatly underappreciated vic,local boys made good living the menzies dream,matty b for your tireless and uncomplaining work, jamie b hope he can stay amanly man forever.Im sure other players are deserving too so anyone who wants come on and praise your man.Finally i'd just like to say aword for big george who seems to be somewhat maligned by alot these days,chin up big fella the adversity you've fought through is an inspiration to many and its been great having areal old fashioned character to cheer for.
cheers mike

Great post Mike. Well said. These unsung heroes of ours are doing a great job without the big wraps they deserve.

And i would add the high profile, highly paid players to that aswell.

Fact is they play a sport thats a business and if I was blunt, I dont think many fans understand the life, pressures and sheer guts & commitment the vast majority of footballers go through day to day, in their career from juniors to NRL and then beyond.

We have the luxury of speculation from a comfortable distance. Sure they get paid well but they also deal with what most watchers would regard as torture.

Im an unabashed player advocate and I admire them for what they do without too much judgement or expectation.

Jatz is spot on. I know I can throw out a barb with the best but they certainly get my respect. I don't think kids dreaming of an NRL career realise just how huge the job and all-life encompassing it is apart from playing footie. I'm surprised so many stick around.

Agree 100% There are so many stories you hear of young, talented players from the bush that give up from the pressure and head home. The off field pressure is the killer for city and country youngsters alike. The game is hard, fast and tough enough at this level, let alone the public scrutiny.
I would also like to say that i'm a huge fan of the comma, and its use in long sentences. Those sentences of yours are some of the longest i've encountered for a while. Well done Mike.

mozgrame said:
Agree 100% There are so many stories you hear of young, talented players from the bush that give up from the pressure and head home. The off field pressure is the killer for city and country youngsters alike. The game is hard, fast and tough enough at this level, let alone the public scrutiny.
I would also like to say that i'm a huge fan of the comma, and its use in long sentences. Those sentences of yours are some of the longest i've encountered for a while. Well done Mike.
g'day all,thanks moz,if imay be so bold,nice to be appreciated.
cheers mike

Personally I don't think I get enough praise, I mean I tell myself how great I am, but sadly my ego demands more.

hahaha

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6