The untouchable Tim Sheens

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
Wests Tigers have only made the top 8 once since they won the competition in 2005. This was in 2011.

3 times they finished in 9th position.

Any other coach would have been on his bike years ago, yet Sheens is untouchable. They refer to his record of four premierships as a coach - but only 1 of them was in the 21st century. He has been coaching since the 1980s, so really, four premierships is pretty lean.

Sheens built his rep with a star studded Raiders team that even Brian Smith could have won a premiership with.

The game has gone past him now.

Tim Sheens gives me the impression that he would believe he is not even worthy to touch himself. It would be a belittling experience for him to have to bathe himself. He is a God, after all.

Would suggest the issue is with the board / management of the tigers not sheens himself

In his last 15 years coaching he has made the finals 3 times!!!

Tigers need to bite the bullet, punt him and bring in Anderson, Dymock or Stone

Disco said:
In his last 15 years coaching he has made the finals 3 times!!!

Tigers need to bite the bullet, punt him and bring in Anderson, Dymock or Stone

I believe that Benji is a big fan of his, so I would imagine that is the biggest reason why the Tigers board don't punt him. It would upset poor Benji..

The Tigers made the finals in 2010. That was the year of that epic extra time finals match with the Roosters.

The man is a legend of the game , think of how many of his ex players are now coaches , but think his best NRL years are behind him .

Can't blame sheens for everything. Benji is a major contributor to their failings.
All skill and no brains.
Gives me the ****s watching them play. They look like an under 6's team most of the time with players standing in a group flat footed waiting their turn for a short hit up and off load.

Why did the Tigers buy Anasta? I can understand reports they they are chasing Kite; they need to tighten up their defence. But Anasta?
They erred massively with Blair and got rid of a couple of reasonable front rowers to Cronulla. Their recruitment is puzzling. Parra also picked up some good Balmain juniors in Ryan and the fullback, Mullaney (sic).

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
He's a hack. Sad thing is he's the National coach.

I think his all time winning percentage is 49%. Hope the Tigers keep him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2