The whipping.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Wolfman
Starling
Symonds
Buhrer
Hasson.

They cop a roasting around here and I've been critical of Wolf at times.

The question I'd like to ask is, How does Justin Horo get excused from the whip every week?

Thats what I asked about the GF, which according to most was lost by Winger Wolfie :dodgy:

But Horo missed Guerra and SBW in the same game, two tries resulted :mad:

Horo is no longer running the lines, his effort is there, as opposed to Jorge, but Foz passes to him as he runs into a waiting defender :s

Yesterday's Buhrer try from JLJ pass is what Horo and Foz used to do :( Beautifull angle running :)

Napper said:
Wolfman
Starling
Symonds
Buhrer
Hasson.

The question I'd like to ask is, How does Justin Horo get excused from the whip every week?

As said your being very hard on Ferris. He's been trying he's guts out and making heaps of metres. Calm down everyone.
Lets see how they play this week :)

damiennp90 said:
Napper said:
Wolfman
Starling
Symonds
Buhrer
Hasson.

As said your being very hard on Ferris. He's been trying he's guts out and making heaps of metres. Calm down everyone.
Lets see how they play this week :)

Never ever said a bad word about Buhrer. He's #3 on the list of quality back rowers behind Gift and Choc.

Yeah ferris is really coming into good form this year. Been pleased with his development.

Yeah horo has had a quiet year. I agree, he is not hitting holes in the defense. Not sure if its caused he has been pinned a couple of times for obstruction.

To be fair to him foz has missed some footy which doesnt help his cause.

Please retract Buhrer from that whipping list. He's been playing so well for us, always does, never has a poor game and doesn't deserve to be 'whipped'!

ALinda said:
Please retract Buhrer from that whipping list. He's been playing so well for us, always does, never has a poor game and doesn't deserve to be 'whipped'!

It is stating who gets a bad wrap.

I'm asking how do those players get whipped, when Horo has had probably 4 good games in 2 years.

Buhrer > Horo symonds JSL Hasson

Napper said:
ALinda said:

I'm asking how do those players get whipped, when Horo has had probably 4 good games in 2 years.

I know what you're asking about the others but I'm saying I don't think Buhrer has been whipped on here and nor does he deserve to be.

ALinda said:
Napper said:
ALinda said:

I know what you're asking about the others but I'm saying I don't think Buhrer has been whipped on here and nor does he deserve to be.

He's copped plenty of unwarranted criticism on here.

I cannot recall much at all.

I think I have been the most "negative" suggesting that he gets smashed in the opening 20 due to his size (rightfully so)and would be better playing the last 60, starting with a bigger bloke.

If that is a whipping you better add our entire 25 players and most of the 2nd tier cap players as well.

Horo, Symonds and to a lesser extent Lawrence all have second year syndrome happening.

It's disappointing as all three would be on the scrap heap if not given a chance at Manly.

Taufua has copped a bit lately too. I think some of that a bit harsh but I don't know why he didn't chase Gillett on Sunday. I hate seeing stuff like that and he deserves to be criticized for it.

Buhrer has come in for some heavy criticism on here although like others have said I don't think it is deserved.

But Horo missed Guerra and SBW in the same game, two tries resulted

If we are going to single out individual players who missed crucial tackles in the GF then you had better add DCE, Ballin and Buhrer to that list. Also include Snake and Wolfs lax effort in tidying up grubbers.

I think Buhrer has copped some warranted criticism personally (in prior months and years). As he did have a habit of giving away holding down penalties (usually 2 or so a game), and he seemed to have lost that darting hole running ability. So I don't think it was undeserved.

Now it's important to recognize how well he has been playing, as he is running superb lines, and doesn't seem to be giving away stupid penalties. He seems to be relishing in playing more game time.

I've always been highly critical of him, but over the last month he's won me over.

Chip and Chase said:

If we are going to single out individual players who missed crucial tackles in the GF then you had better add DCE, Ballin and Buhrer to that list. Also include Snake and Wolfs lax effort in tidying up grubbers.

That was my point about Wolfie being cricified for the GF result - he wasn't the only one to make mistakes.

Choc too, was with Horo as they waved SBW through for the forward pass try :dodgy:

But I was specifically replying to why is Horo never criticized.:huh:

Killer03 said:
I think Buhrer has copped some warranted criticism personally (in prior months and years). As he did have a habit of giving away holding down penalties (usually 2 or so a game), and he seemed to have lost that darting hole running ability. So I don't think it was undeserved.

Now it's important to recognize how well he has been playing, as he is running superb lines, and doesn't seem to be giving away stupid penalties. He seems to be relishing in playing more game time.

I've always been highly critical of him, but over the last month he's won me over.

Same mate.

We wondered if more game time would help TRed too...I wonder if that will ever happen for Tommy, especially as I expect Choc to front up on Friday night.

I've gone into bat for Horo more than once here; he's never shirked his workload. I just am not sure what's amiss with him recently too.

Someone mentioned a bit of 2nd-year syndrome for Horo, Lawrence and Symonds... and that theory could have merit.

Ferris is a positive right now.

HappilyManly said:
Chip and Chase said:

That was my point about Wolfie being cricified for the GF result - he wasn't the only one to make mistakes.

Choc too, was with Horo as they waved SBW through for the forward pass try :dodgy:

But I was specifically replying to why is Horo never criticized.:huh:

Wolfman is has been poor. That is why he is playing NSW cup. Stop letting his rig get in the way of an honest assessment of his performance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6