The world is that much dimmer, Terry Pratchett passed away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The world has lost one of the worlds most humorous authors and an amazing man. Never have I laughed so unashamedly as I have when reading Discworld books on planes and transport.

This time has been coming for a while, but the shock is certainly not softened by that knowledge

Vale and safe travels sir!

Also, rip to stuart wagstaff. I only really saw him in blankety blanks but I loved that show and knew he was a pretty good actor!

I just saw this thread. Good Omens with Neil gaiman is one of my favourite books. After he passed his twitter account posted the following, something so very terry pratchett.
Vale Terry!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-23-00-34-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-00-34-51.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm amused at the thought of Mort coming to collect hik and the hilarious banter that follows.

Seeing his documentary "choosing to die" is still one of the most haunting shows I've seen

I am just reading feet of clay at the moment. I think I am going to go through and finish off the nights watch novels in order then go back to witches, then my favourite Rincewind and Death

Lost my kindle last week with the whole series on it. Was halfway through feet of clay.

I was reading in Release order, but am going to switch to theme order, so going to finish city watch. Had to move everything over to the iPad which I don't like reading on as much as I did the kindle

That sucks! At least kindles aren't hundreds of dollars (not the point I know) and you can replace those books for *cough* free. And I thought it was hard enough just trying to follow the above reading guide.

I bought that kindle when matilda was born, :(

I can't remember getting it out on the train but I have no other explination as it was in there on Friday and the next time I had my bag was Monday when I jumped on the train sad but oh well. I will just have to get a new fandangled touch screen one

Oh man, that's even more annoying/sad. I blame all the drugs...and aussie ex-pats!

I forgot to add, I'm just reading from the top...and just started 'Interesting times' after finishing sourcery.

I think you have to start with colour of magic. Rincewind is hilarious and I think you need a little introduction to the world before jumping into a story line

I think you have to start with colour of magic. Rincewind is hilarious and I think you need a little introduction to the world before jumping into a story line

Ah yes, I typed that badly.... I started with colour of magic and have 'followed the path' and am now onto interesting times.

I always like reading in order!

Ah yes, I typed that badly.... I started with colour of magic and have 'followed the path' and am now onto interesting times.

I always like reading in order!
death and rincewind are the funniest characters though they are all good. i found witches a little harder going which is to say still bloody funny and easy to read

I meant to ad that so far my fav is the luggage/chest with all the legs and feet and annoyed attitude!

I meant to ad that so far my fav is the luggage/chest with all the legs and feet and annoyed attitude!
Haha yep he has a very clever sense of humour. These books were written so both adults and children could laugh at them. That's a very difficult thing to do. He just has so many clever and surface funny things in there.
Wait until you run into death.

One of my favourite is in one book the boogeyman is in a bar being menacing. So someone throws a tiny blanket over his eyes and he goes into an extastential crisis as he can't figure out if he exists or not. Very funny and clever

I have come across Death...I think he is in the first one "colour of magic."

What a mind to come up with so much.

I have come across Death...I think he is in the first one "colour of magic."

What a mind to come up with so much.
An amazing mind, even more amazing it was failing him over the past few yEars but he still produces plenty

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4