The Zorba Zone - Zorbas NSW Origin Side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
For all of those losing sleep over the make-up of the NSW side, let little old Zorba put you out of your misery and give you the Blues squad right here and now.

Barring injury in this weekend's round of football, this is pretty much how I expect the Blues to line up when the team is read out in boring, monotone fashion at RL Central on Sunday afternoon:
'''Brett Stewart, Akuila Uate, Chris Lawrence, Josh Morris, Jarryd Hayne, Todd Carney, Mitchell Pearce, Paul Gallen, Robbie Farah, James Tamou, Glenn Stewart, Greg Bird, Luke Lewis.
Interchange: Jamie Buhrer, Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Tariq Sims'''
There is some speculation Melbourne utility Ryan Hinchcliffe may figure there somewhere and I'm not overly convinced about the centres because Michael Jennings may slot in, but there you have it.
So what do I make of that line-up and can they beat Queensland first-up at Etihad Stadium on May 23?
I like the look of this side.
It's full of big, tough hombres with a great mix of creativity and experience.
The halves - Carney and Pearce - are in terrific form and have played together at club level so cohesion shouldn't be a problem.
Brett Stewart is back playing some of his best football and brother Glenn forms part of a terrific back-row featuring two streetwise Origin players in Lewis and Bird.
And what about the bench!
Choc Watmough, big T-Rex and Sims will give the Blues plenty of punch and Buhrer hands Ricky Stuart myriad options.
There were plenty of raised eyebrows when Buhrer's name was first mentioned but I can tell you this kid won't let anyone down.
He's as tough as they come and the furnace that is Origin won't affect him.
As I said, the centres worry me a bit and the jury is still out on Farah as far as I am concerned but overall there aren't too many glaring weaknesses.
So, is this NSW side capable of beating Queensland?
Yes and no.
Yes they are capable of drawing first blood if absolutely everything goes their way, but I see nothing in that Queensland team that suggests they will drop the first game.
The fact we rarely debate positions in the Maroons' 17 says it all.
Even without Darren Lockyer, they posses game breakers across the park.
Did you see what Greg Inglis did to Cronulla the other night? Scary.
Blues coach Stuart mustn't have slept a wink.
Anyway, before we get to Origin I there's a round of NRL to get through.
I like Manly, Canterbury, Warriors, North Queensland, Canberra, Melbourne and St George Illawarra.
Happy tipping and I'll see you next week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6