There has to be signings coming

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Ive done a quick run through the players we 100% know will be with us next season. You will notice Brett and Steve are both left out of the list because both players are up in the air at this stage. Brett with his court date / injury recovery and matai with the indecision over his contract.

I look at the list and think there just has to be a couple of signings coming. Not only are we running the bare minimum in numbers you want to see in a forwards lineup if we stay this way and cop a few injuries we're well ****ed.

Some of these guys in my opinion aren't even NRL standard.

1. Michael Robertson / Ben Farrar / William Hopoate
2. Michael Robertson / Ben Farrar / Tony Williams / David Williams
3. Jamie Lyon / Dean Whare / Ben Farrar
4. Jamie Lyon / Dean Whare / Ben Farrar
5. Michael Robertson/ Ben Farrar / Tony Williams / David Williams
6. Jamie Lyon / Kieran Foran / Chris Bailey
7. Kieran Foran / Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King / Brent Kite / Matt Cross / George Rose
9. Matt Ballin / Terence Seu Seu
10. Jason King / Brent Kite / Matt Cross / George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough / Glen Stewart / Shane Rodney / Joe Galuvao / Darcey Lussik / Vic Mauro
12. Anthony Watmough / Glen Stewart / Shane Rodney / Joe Galuvao /Darcey Lussik / Vic Mauro
13. Anthony Watmough / Shane Rodney

14. Vic Mauro
15. Darcey Lussik

We need a prop (possibly 2), a second rower, a hooker, a half and a winger. There's plenty of players off contract, we need to start chasing some of them

It does seem odd that we have not signed anyone with the exception of Daniel Harrison. Maybe with all the Storm stuff out we migt be able to make a play for some of their roster.

Manly To Win! link said:
We need a prop (possibly 2), a second rower, a hooker, a half and a winger. There's plenty of players off contract, we need to start chasing some of them
Hope you only mean a hooker as a back up for Matt Ballin, he has been one of our best this year

hmm, is there any 28 year old plus players floating around, last I heard was O'Donnell, Smith and Mason. We have lost Lama Tasi, a brilliant front rower with lots of potential. Roosters are signing plenty of the top kids. Watch them in 2011-2012 and onwards. 

Darren link said:
hmm, is there any 28 year old plus players floating around, last I heard was O'Donnell, Smith and Mason. We have lost Lama Tasi, a brilliant front rower with lots of potential. Roosters are signing plenty of the top kids. Watch them in 2011-2012 and onwards. 

Yeah, I agree. We seem to like the older players. I don't understand why we seem to be only thinking short term?

Moops we are only thinking 'short term' because, if you read the posts on the site, most posters want short term results. 

jwaa link said:
I wonder how foran would go at hooker. I think he'd be quite handy in a pinch
..  i already stated in MWSE  site ages ago  i can see him playing hooker down the track  in his career  .. he just has that type of game about him..

2830 Eagle link said:
[quote author=Manly To Win! link=topic=184092.msg275844#msg275844 date=1279268926]
Hope you only mean a hooker as a back up for Matt Ballin, he has been one of our best this year
[/quote]mate balin is good  but le strange  had the spark for our attack .. we need to inject  a player like lestrange    in the last 20-15 minutes of most matches we did it in 08  & it worked wonders  at moment balin  has to play the whole 80 which  stiffles our attack in the back end of games ..  we all thought seu seu  might have been the man for us but he is a dud..

Here is a BEST case scenario all things considered:-

01. Brett Stewart (BIG improvement over this year)
02. Michael Robertson (combo with Snake - improves slightly)
03. Steve Matai (lets say he re-signs with a Beaver type mentality)
04. Jamie Lyon (a gun is a gun is a gun)
05. David Williams (Huge improvement, much faster backline)
06. Keiran Foran (more experienced, better players around him)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (put it this way, can't be WORSE than Hodko)
08. Jason King (Hopefully he just continues as is)
09. Matt Ballin (Ever consistent. Same as Jason)
10. Brent Kite (We are a much better team with him on the field)
11. Anthony Watmough (He KNOWS he has to improve, and will lift)
12. Shane Rodney (a gun is a gun is a gun)
13. Glenn Stewart (lifts when his brother plays - improvement)

14. Ben Farrar (MUCH better than Bailey. Can play a Gidley/bench role)
15. George Rose (will be much leaner / fitter - meaning improvement)
16. Tony Williams (we want our forwards to be more mobile etc)
17. Joe Galuvao (hopefully we can get one more year out of the guy)

18. Dean Whare
19. Will Hopoate
20. Matt Cross
21. Chris Bailey
22. Birrigan Young
23. Darcy Lussick
24. Jamie Buhrer
25. Junior Palau
26. Daniel Harrison

all depth, and all called upon in the event of injury (I suggested these players as ones I think COULD make the step sooner rather than later.) If Lama Tasi is there, he's in that group as well.

At a stretch, Riccardi may be a long shot (the 1/2 playing NYC).

And I'm SURE Lowe has a signing or two up his sleeve. If not, meh....Whare in for Matai (who may look more raw and inexperienced at present), but we all have to remember what a lot of people were saying about Matai in his first 2-3 years.

DSM5 link said:
Moops we are only thinking 'short term' because, if you read the posts on the site, most posters want short term results. 

I tend to think that if they actually came out and said that they were re-building for the future and investing in youth then I think that the fans would have more patience. Well I would anyways. When you win a comp a club needs to start moving players on and recruiting straight away to stop players resting on their laurels. The amount of work required to win a comp takes its toll, both physically and mentally, and it only takes a few to become lazy to affect the whole team. Unless you go over the cap by 1million a year, you just can't sustain success in this day and age as there are no easy games these days as opposed to days gone by.

2830 Eagle link said:
[quote author=Manly To Win! link=topic=184092.msg275844#msg275844 date=1279268926]
[/quote]

Yeah, I mean a back-up, as SeuSeu's a dud (I think Ballin, along with Rodney has been our best and most consistent player this season). Mind you, I reckon it could be worth giving Cameron Joyce or Liam Higgins a try. I also swear I heard that we were going to try and bring L'Estrange back, which would be a good move.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6