There's no God

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
For Dan to sustain his belief that there is no God, his atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge.

Which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge"“

how so?

is this the latest "believers" argument? Pretty much falls straight into line with "default theory"...again!

i.e. if this isn't true, this must be!

Sesame street answers mate!

I won't be able to argue with you, am offline for 3 weeks as of Thursday.

However, I wonder if you have truly analysed your statement. We all have infinite knowledge, I would like you to tell me where yours, or my knowledge begins and where it ends? if in fact you can not do that, my knowledge as yours, can only be infinite!

Dan link said:
However, I wonder if you have truly analysed your statement. We all have infinite knowledge, I would like you to tell me where yours, or my knowledge begins and where it ends? if in fact you can not do that, my knowledge as yours, can only be infinite!
  If you know something I don't, then oviously I don't know everything there is to know. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177511.msg184730#msg184730 date=1211177054]

If you know something I don't, then oviously I don't know everything there is to know. 
[/quote]

How so?

Does not mean your knowledge would not be infinite in another direction, lacking knowledge in one thing des not suggest an end to your knowledge and therefore your knowledge is not finite

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177511.msg184762#msg184762 date=1211199358]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177511.msg184730#msg184730 date=1211177054]

[/quote]

How so?

Does not mean your knowledge would not be infinite in another direction, lacking knowledge in one thing des not suggest an end to your knowledge and therefore your knowledge is not finite
[/quote]  What you're avoiding is the answer to the question: "do you know everything there is to know or not?

Of course I don't, but that does not mean my wisdom is not infinite, my wisdom has no end and no beginning, in other words, no limit or bounds. i.e. infinite!

Though that does not in anyway prove your point, because you have not set up a balanced argument!

Usually these discussions are reserved for the off season, but seing as though Mona's has left and Orford and Matai are on fire, poor old mata is left with religion....

A wise cookie mentioned to me today, that with your logic we could also knowingly and easily apply this to any one of the following of things you do not believe in

- Santa Claus
- Fairies
- leprechauns
- Ghosts
- Souths ability to play football
- A heart in Johnny Howard.

If you in fact believe that these do not exist, then you have to have infinite knowledge..... You can figure out the rest

No clon these 2 goobers are capable of rolling out this hoary old chestnut any time of the year :)

Dan probably wasnt gettign enough hits so emailed matas asking him to stir somethign up would be my guess.

and after i post this one or the other of them will wade in with something along the lines of "looks like its working then"

actually not at all. I am surprised Matas even started anything, what with the fact I am heading off.

But it is working if that were his intention. Hits are actually quite steady and high at the moment though so wasn't needed

In all the frames of reference my human mind has grown to acknowledge, I will not beleive that there is any "higher being" until proven otherwise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6