They have finally lost their minds...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Has our game finally been confined to the asylum.

Last night we saw the Dogs get a scrum feed from a 50/50 overrule of a knock on call made Perenara by the video ref.They scored off the next set.I don't subscribe to the a single decision costing a game mob so the result of the game is not the issue,just the total lack of common sense by the imbeciles running the game and what the game is turning into as a product.Our great simple game is being destroyed by people who simply have no idea.The fact that Greenturd basically runs our game says it all.

We are now left with a situation where there is a blanket ban on video refs re stripping calls which the pink fools always get wrong and which could be obviously changed by the video ref if the evidence is there before the next play YET last night we saw out of nowhere the ad hoc use of the video ref to decide a 50/50 knock on.What the hell are they doing!

To make the matter a complete and utter basket case the knock on rule has manifested itself into the "any ball that is lost regardless of direction is a knock on" rule over the last decade. Ball hits the ground then knock on-it is a total embarrassment the way these fools have turned a simple game into a monster and left fans disillusioned.I don't mean disillusioned in terms of their team winning or losing on a bad call(that has a tendency to even out over a season),I mean disillusioned with actually WATCHING the game as a whole,regardless of the teams competing.I have noticed plenty of people saying they are only watching Manly games...I haven't reached that stage yet but I am heading that way.

The final irony was the bulldogs correctly being awarded a try to win the game as the video showed the ball propelled backwards yet we all know that if that happened in normal play and no try resulted it would have been pulled up for a knock on and not even mentioned as we have been conditioned to accept the dropped ball is a knock on garbage.

the game is almost comical now.

RUN BY FOOLS,REFEREED BY FOOLS AND WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS ANALYSED AND COMMENTATED ON BY FOOLS.

God help us.

Thanks Susan. You saved me writing the same thing!

What is more bizarre is that the overturned call in the Dogs game WASN'T EVEN CLEAR ON THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the referee told the Knights captain the video referees had been intervening in these calls all year!!!!! WTF????? Where is the Toddy media release on that one???????

Every dropped ball is a knock forward except when the video referees get hold of it and suddenly get their protractors and rulers out. Jarryd Hayne made a mess of taking a catch last night but each time he tried to pick up the ball it went backwards. Pinksters ruled a knock on.

The mess the NRL is in over obstructions is the same. There are a dozen of these so called obstructions let go all game by the onfield referees when it doesn't end in a try. They only pick it apart when the video referee gets hold of it.

Starting from a 20m tap you could run the same obstruction play on tackles 1 to 5 to get upfield, but get penalised if you use it on tackle 6 to score a try.

Welcome to Toddy's World.

Susan, the rot really took hold when ref's began to "manage" games (eg. call players offside etc) and became terminal when the word "interpretation' was first uttered during a replay.

It's every week now ( that you see glaring mistakes) , they have huge issues and it's not going to get better

It certainly is. I thought the same thing with that last dogs try. Any other time it would have been called a knock on (which I actually thought it was) yet it's let go because it wasn't conclusive and the onfield refs said try. It is a joke you never know what decision will be made. I saw obstructions pulled up that weren't ,again. I've seen obstructions let go that were, again. It is a total farce presided over by a clown with no idea and what a coincidence his previous affiliation is getting the rub of the green(turd) and at top of table.

These "bad desicions" and the regularity of them continues to turn me off the NRL. It took years to get back to be interested in any other team or game after the Super League debacle and now we have the referees.

No wonder the NRL cannot boost its attendances!

Ps: thanks for the rant Susan :)

Yep Brissie Kid.

The Hayne so called knock on should be used as video example to teach a new breed of referees selected from Mars to show what is NOT A KNOCK ON.

He made a meal of it 3 times but each time it went straight backwards...but the pink fool applied the "it looks bad so id better call it a knock on" rule.In doing so he knew it would be ok as we have been conditioned to accept this absolute nonsense application of the rule.

What was even more idiotic was Perret throwing a 3 meter forward pass to his winger, when only the linesman, said winger and Perret were at the Northern End :huh:

The 40/20 that was shown on a Video replay, but was not called by the 4 Officials on the field, for some reason was not overturned by the Vidiot :huh:

Has anyone else noticed over the first couple of rounds games had massive penalty counts and now the last few rounds the penalty counts have dropped significantly. The refs have been instructed to let stuff go, ignore rules, and the coaches will try to exploit it now. The gross manipulation by the powers of the game has turned it into WWF. Watch the wrestle come back.

susan said:
RUN BY FOOLS,REFEREED BY FOOLS AND WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS ANALYSED AND COMMENTATED ON BY FOOLS.
Lucky at least we fans are sensible and balanced!

The decision to allow a video review during play would be in response to the embarrassing Jennings touch in last year's GF.
Problem is the overrule in the Knights game was still 50/50, as Susan pointed out.
Plus, it appears totally ad hoc (or worse, open to manipulation by TV producers?) as to which decisions are subject to this form of review. There were a couple of other close calls in that match where I was waiting for a TV replay but they didn't have one - so no video review!

It is back Mick.Dogs v Knights was wrestle mania.No doubt the lack of form by the Storm will prompt a further softening of the rules in the ruck.

I actually think the short clampdown on the wrestle has created another beast- every second play the tackled player goes 2 metre forward off the mark.

The common sense solution.Blow the pea out of the whistle for both the wrestle and the walking off the mark for 3 weeks until the coaches back off and a game of rugby league might break out in week 4.

But no,we will end up with the fiasco that is the modern game.Ad hoc clamp downs every 3 or 4 weeks,apologies,blah blah,blah........

susan said:
It is back Mick.Dogs v Knights was wrestle mania.No doubt the lack of form by the Storm will prompt a further softening of the rules in the ruck.

I actually think the short clampdown on the wrestle has created another beast- every second play the tackled player goes 2 metre forward off the mark.

The common sense solution.Blow the pea out of the whistle for both the wrestle and the walking off the mark for 3 weeks until the coaches back off and a game of rugby league might break out in week 4.

But no,we will end up with the fiasco that is the modern game.Ad hoc clamp downs every 3 or 4 weeks,apologies,blah blah,blah........

Won't happen. Under Archer walking off the mark and then penalising the markers was rife. Now he is in charge of all the referees. Farah murdered Manly with that tactic. Raiders will play for it today.

"Interpretations" are a big enough turnoff, but what of the lopsided penalty counts that somehow get evened up by games end and the constant instructions by refs to players to stop doing naughty things? If it's a penalty, blow the bloody thing. Penalty fests won't last for more than 2 weeks before everyone starts behaving themselves.I'm so over it that I only watch Manly games now (may explain tipping comp position!).

I cannot agree Susan, their minds were lost a long time ago.

Sooner or later these fark ups are gonna cost a team in the GF.

Oh wait.....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4