Things re-implemented and more to come

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Right I have been able to slowly start adding more and more back into the site.

The Like System is back, @globaleagle should now have the correct like count :)

I have added in a few other minor things and will be working on others as I get time. Probably not on the weekend as I need a break but if I get a chance I will be re-adding the mobile theme and other things.

I want to get the next game menu back but that is going to require some more nifty coding so it can wait for now.

Dan

Should be able to edit on phone just tried it with my android

For everyone who couldn't like all my awesome posts from yesterday.

Feel free to just like any posts of mine or maybe just one central one.

Like this one!

That way you'll have done what you meant to do yesterday and my :h: for you will continue to grow.

Thanks in advance.

;)

heehee

Don't fret too much about likes GE. Everyone lost a bundle during the war. Hey, except you !? hmm, very suspicious GE :exclamation:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Don't fret too much about likes GE. Everyone lost a bundle during the war. Hey, except you !? hmm, very suspicious GE :exclamation:

Very suspicious! :s:p

Imagine what I'd do to a forum I don't like *cough*.

However, tis good to see everything working and read that you're all well.

despite being logged into the forum fine, i try and go to the tipping comp and get "You must be registered and logged in, to enter and use the Silvertails Tipping Competition" so i've tried logging in multiple times via the main site and nothing happens but click straight through to forum and i am logged in there

@Supernintendo Chalmers - Did you change your password for your forum log in ?? If so then try your old password when logging in for tipping comp or the front page. There are two separate log ins, one for the forum and one for the rest of the site. The Change Password function in the User CP only changes your forum password.

If you haven't changed your password since the hack then I suggest you log off the site, clear your cache (history/cookies etc) and then try again.

For those wanting to change their passwords I'll try to explain how to do that. Remember there are two "log ins" for Silvertails, so it would be easier all round to keep the same password for both.

A) Your main log in which gets you into the front page of the site and opens up all the parts of the site you are able to access (Forums, Tipping Comp etc)

B) Your forum log in which gives you access to the forums and allows you to post

Forum Log In:

Do this one first as it is more complicated and you can match you Main log in password to suit.

Go to User CP (Control Panel) at the very top of the page next to your name.

User CP ---> Your Profile (LHS of Page) ---> Change Password ---> then you need to enter your current password, your new password and verify your new password.

Unfortunately there are minimum security standards required for password "strength" now, so you will need to include a lower case letter, an upper case letter, and a number before it will accept your password.

Main Log In :

Go to the very top of the page under Silvertails logo and click "Home", this will take you to the front page. Then if you look along that same top banner you will see "account", mouse over that and you will see a drop down option "edit profile". Click on that and then you can enter a new password and verify it.

Once you change your passwords I would suggest logging out and clearing your cache (history/cookies/ etc) and then logging back in.

Hopefully the above will explain, but if you have any questions post them here.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
ahh gotchya, cheers for that, i did change my forum password slightly the other day, so that's why logging in on main page wasn't working for me. seems to let me in now!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Can we have an unlike button too

:D

1 user doesn't Like Berkeley_Eagle's post

23313_136883772999649_7450_q.jpg

We had this with the reputation systen but people complained about it so we switched to thw like system

Dan I'm disgusted that you have been robbed of time with your family because someone vandalised this site.

Those coupe of days without silvertails is a quick reminder of the service you do provide.

I hope Matilda had a great birthday and was spoilt rotten.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8