Third Burgess eyes NRL from Superleague

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could be a more astute buy then Sam and cheaper as well.

Has big match experience i.e ESL Championship, WCC and Challenge Cup game experience

Rumor from ages ago that it won't be Souths that might make a play for him

Not being able to stay in the Rhinos top team isn't the best recent history in trying to break into the NRL.

93 games of front row experience at 24 years of age for cheap might be a good pick up though!

Rex said:
Not being able to stay in the Rhinos top team isn't the best recent history in trying to break into the NRL.

Quins or another Super League side (not Bradford though)will pick him for the rest of the season on loan

swoop said:
If he can't get into the team over there, then no way.

You have to look at who else is in the team before saying that.
If Dessie took that attitude to players, Glen Hall would have never got a run at Manly.

While it is interesting to see where Luke will end up I'm interested in seeing where Mick Dobson former Raiders half current Hull KR half will end up.

eagles2win said:
swoop said:

If Dessie took that attitude to players, Glen Hall would have never got a run at Manly.

The return of England captain Jamie Peacock from a long-term knee injury has not helped either player's chances of breaking into coach Brian McDermott's squad, with the likes of Kylie Leuluai, Ryan Bailey and Weller Hauraki ahead of them in the pecking order.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The above are infront of Burgess. Leuluai played for us but was released as we had better options at the time, and Hauraki was playing for the Eels only played a few games in the top grade. Now if Burgess was a better option for leeds surely they would have released KL and WH before releasing him. Obviously they don't rate him. No thanks.

Des has always got some cheap backups and turned them into genuine 1st graders i.e Hall, Bryant, Joe G etc. We don't need to look outside Aust as Des seems to find what he wants right here.

yep he'll be good on the Raiders, Soffs or Sharks roster.

We have top juniors in our squad ready to step up. Give them a chance first or else they will move on elsewhere and bight us on the bum later down the track.

eagles2win said:
swoop said:

While it is interesting to see where Luke will end up I'm interested in seeing where Mick Dobson former Raiders half current Hull KR half will end up.

Also we might never have even looked at Glen Hall if we weren't struggling at the time to attract players.

swoop said:
eagles2win said:
swoop said:

The return of England captain Jamie Peacock from a long-term knee injury has not helped either player's chances of breaking into coach Brian McDermott's squad, with the likes of Kylie Leuluai, Ryan Bailey and Weller Hauraki ahead of them in the pecking order.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The above are infront of Burgess. Leuluai played for us but was released as we had better options at the time, and Hauraki was playing for the Eels only played a few games in the top grade. Now if Burgess was a better option for leeds surely they would have released KL and WH before releasing him. Obviously they don't rate him. No thanks.

Des has always got some cheap backups and turned them into genuine 1st graders i.e Hall, Bryant, Joe G etc. We don't need to look outside Aust as Des seems to find what he wants right here.

Not Weller Hauraki!!!!!!!

There is only one good Burgess & thats Sam, & he is willing to play for less .. :p i doubt he is actually on 1 million dollars for 4yrs i`d say he has a couple of houses thrown in as well under the table lol..

He is the lowest prospect of all the Burgess boys. The best are Sam and the other twin who is staying in the UK. Luke is teh eldest and considered the least talented of the lot by far.

The kerrod of the walter's? I dunno.. Just remember Brett Fulton and Scott Fulton had a decent last name too :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6