Third party agreements?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I don't know anything about these agreements that the Drongos and Dogs seem to abuse but now that we are winning games and looking more attractive to prospective sponsors, couldn't we attract a major sponsor (even at a discounted rate as the season is under way) and then use the money promised by the Penn family and Quantom for some third party agreements/ salary top-ups to ensure we keep all the players that we would like to keep and thus increase the brand and our winning ways? I know its hard to get a sponsor but we need money to stay on top.

Basically once we start getting more Friday night games, then we will get more sponsors. Monday night games don't really help.

Friday Night footy is by far the most watched. I know if I had dollars to spend I would be looking at the broncos for value for dollar

No doubt Dan, I live on the GC and have to watch Titans membership ads on the tv. . I realise its difficult in the congested Sydney market, but heres hoping.

I'll get howled down for this but the team I would get into if I was a wealthy business man would be Souths (apparent huge supporter base to advertise to, recognized logo etc)

manlyfan76 said:
I don't know anything about these agreements that the Drongos and Dogs seem to abuse but now that we are winning games and looking more attractive to prospective sponsors, couldn't we attract a major sponsor (even at a discounted rate as the season is under way) and then use the money promised by the Penn family and Quantom for some third party agreements/ salary top-ups to ensure we keep all the players that we would like to keep and thus increase the brand and our winning ways? I know its hard to get a sponsor but we need money to stay on top.

I don't think they can because they are directly involved with the club (Penns and Quantum) but a group of wealthy business people i.e the Thoroughbreds can.

eagles2win said:
I'll get howled down for this but the team I would get into if I was a wealthy business man would be Souths (apparent huge supporter base to advertise to, recognized logo etc)

manlyfan76 said:

I don't think they can because they are directly involved with the club (Penns and Quantum) but a group of wealthy business people i.e the Thoroughbreds can.

thats right the third party cant be a club sponsor

Third party agreements must be with an organisation that is not currently associated with the club.The club are not allowed to guarantee that a third party will honour that agreement and the third party agreement needs to be on a commercial basis.

For instance the local cafe couldn't pay a player $500,000 to work in the cafe for 10 hours a week because that is simply not commercially realistic. By contrast a multinational company might quite reasonably pay a star player $150,000 per year to promote their business. The point of the commerciality requirement is to stop a wealthy owner like Tinkler from handing $500k to the local cafe for a third party agreement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6