Third Party Deals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The worms have repeatedly used TPA's to cheat the system and they need to be disciplined, full stop. If the NRL do nothing or just give them a slap on the wrist, they may as well say that the competition rules mean nothing and cheating, corruption and bribery are all o.k. and are an accepted part of the NRL. (Even though I suspect this is already the case though.)

I am so sick of the rubbish, the players in question also need to be disciplined. It is clear..............a TPA is a payment made by companies directly to players. Simples.....you can not use the 'ignorance is bliss' plea here in Eagleheart's court of no bull**** defence.

Clubs should not use TPA's as a way to beef up a players deal or entice a player to their club etc. It really is a way for a marquee player to use their own brand like DCE or JT to make some extra money etc, which is fine, if used correctly.

The rationale for TPAs is that the salary cap puts an unfair limit on players' earning capacity, and if they can earn money by endorsing products as an individual rather than as a player for an NRL club then they should be allowed to do so.

The NRL wants to sign off on these TPAs because of the obvious risk of rorts, namely, a club arranging a TPA to entice a player to join their club. Theoretically a player's TPA should be totally unconnected to whether he suddenly swaps clubs, but does anyone really think that is the case?

The idea that TPAs are independent of clubs is an NRL official fiction that no-one really believes. Everyone knows some clubs have a far greater capacity to lure players because the players will be offered TPAs to top up their contract, while the purple unicorn swears blind that that has nothing to do with that powerful club.

Any legal fiction is bound to be exposed as a form of corruption eventually. The problem here is that the NRL might say, 'Oh yeah this is a dud system', whereas they should be saying, 'OK Parra, you are busted, minus 4 points for you'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6