This bloke is an idiot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Mattiske is any indication, the standard of league administration remains woeful.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-boss-shane-mattiske-defends-himself-for-phoning-banned-agent-isaac-moses-over-israel-folau-saga/story-fn2mcuj6-1226529403756

This is the same bloke who wants to use SBW as a face of the game. It appears that the NRL is being run by people who have no background or real interest in the game.

As acting CEO of the ARLC he made 4 calls to an agent banned by the ARLC in order to discuss a player managed by said banned agent. He is unprincipled AND an idiot.

Phew, that's a relief. When I clicked on the link I had an ominous feeling I was going to see a picture of me..... perhaps the fact that SER8 has 666 likes was reason for my sense of impending doom......

Mattiske should be sacked. Either these managers are banned, or they are not. Mattiske can't have it both ways. His behaviour smacks at hypocrisy and smells of corruption. These NRL heavyweights come down hard on player misbehaviour, yet here we have the top guy behaving in a manner that will bring the game into disrepute. Just what is the point of banning anyone for corrupt conduct, if that means nothing.

"Like all fans in the game we wanted to see Israel back in rugby league and I wanted to understand whether he had definitely taken a decision to not play in rugby league," Mattiske said.

WTF - NRL Management wanted him and SBW in some infantile belief that it would show that League was a better game.:mad:

Never got my vote, and I will only support those that apply their league skills in the game that I love.

Lets hope that the man who got the vote over this dribbler, actually gets a handle on what the Fans want for League in Oz.

I thought this thread was going to be about Ryan based upon the title

my issue is that there are more and more people getting put into major roles in the NRL that have zero background in sport..... Not only rugby league but any sport in general.

I really worry for the future of this commission, look at the first few months

- Appointed an CEO that has zero experience in sport
- Shoulder charge rule... ( hardly an issue in the game )
- Bumbling the salary cap changes
- Cleaned out a cpl of refs as scapegoats
- Done the deal on TV, then stuffed the draw

Hardly the big changes we are all expecting, havent dealt with any major issues

bob dylan said:
The Eagle said:
bob dylan said:
Stand down Shane, you are a goose.

f**k you!

Lol just kidding

That guy is a complete douche

Lol. You would be better at running the show, that's for sure.

First

Revamp Brookvale and Leichhardt,$50 mil a piece, gather tenders for the jobs, pick a middle of the road but quality option and have them use the entire $50 mil meaning any left over would go to places they didn't consider at first, any tenders would have to have club themed designs, rent both grounds to the other sports (probably soccer and hockey) to get the money back and use that money to keep them maintained

Then

Grass roots - $100 mil (seriously its enough)
Retirement funds (injury enforced would be part of it) $50 mil
Raise the cap to $6.5 mil for 30 players
Minimum income would be $75k
Spend the rest on making the clubs sustainable and a few million for advertising needs

Whatever is left over would be kept in the bank with expansion in mind, also I think that under 20s should be pushed harder and merge NSW and QLD cups, probably split into 8 conferences and called reserve grade

Oh and bring back the shoulder charge but make penalties harsher and possibly financial on the players themselves with that going towards a medical expenses fund

That's the next 5 years with room to change as needed, no cap increases until the next deal is done

The Eagle said:
First

Revamp Brookvale and Leichhardt,$50 mil a piece, gather tenders for the jobs, pick a middle of the road but quality option and have them use the entire $50 mil meaning any left over would go to places they didn't consider at first, any tenders would have to have club themed designs, rent both grounds to the other sports (probably soccer and hockey) to get the money back and use that money to keep them maintained

Hockey? Seriously? Have you ever watched a hockey match?

firechild said:
The Eagle said:
First

Well if this 4g pitch is installed I don't see the issue

castle eagle said:
The Wheel said:
I thought this thread was going to be about Ryan based upon the title

had me thinking folau or maybe anyone that had singed with parramatta!

The correct grammer is "sung".... :p

And why would anyone sing with Parramatta?

firechild said:
The Eagle said:
First

Maybe he means ice hockey.... or Joe Hockey?

What I would like to see are a couple of genuine fans on the Commission Board; men or women who can represent the interests of we fans who love the game, support the game, pay money to attend, sit on the hill, and represent the triabalism that makes RL so special.
I'm happy to have the occasional banker on the panel, but not dominated by these Big Business types who only know corporate hospitality, and watching the game through safety glass.
The main gripe I have is selling the game out, again, to television networks which makes the comp uneven before the first ball is kicked. OK, the ARL may not get as much for the TV rights but letting the game be controlled by media organisations is not worth the extra cash.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4