This could be a defining round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Last nights results were great for us
Providing we beat the chooks
We are now 5 clear of Illawarra steeler killers and 4 points a head of the cows.
Wins to the warriors and penrith would not only see us close the gap with Melbourne but would see us two games clear of 3 and 4.

Also am I the only one who thinks the tigers a peaking 5 weeks too soon. It would be tough to maintain that form for 8 weeks

It will be mentally and physically exhaustive keeping up that sort of momentum. It would be a phenomenal team (and coach) that could do that. The Tigers have lifted, but once they are feeling comfortable (again), and are not playing teams they KNOW they need to step up for, they will come back down to earth. Yet, as for now, it is enjoyable to watch them put a few more twists and turns on what was becoming a fairly predictable competition. :^)

Well They really had no choice they had to peak otherwise they were out of the finals race, luckily for us we have been able to plan our form much better.

I'll be happy with the the two points at this stage, dont care how they do it. IMO a great lead up to the finals would be to grind out two wins against Parra, find some form against the Dogs & then bring it home strong with a win over the Storm. Then we can rest some of our lads for the Brisbane game & have everyone fit, fresh & ready to fire in the finals (unless the minor premiership is up for grabs, in which case - pound the donkeys senseless).

Parra slipped into the GF in '09 with the kind of form the Tigs are showing (albeit mostly off the back of Hayne), only to fall over in the big one against the Cheats.

But yes i agree, the Tigs may well have peaked too early.

A win on Sunday will consolidate our place nicely in the top 4.

don't know why teams aren't going out of their way to smash benji. Just hurt him and that's the end of the tigers

The Tigers have a soft run home which may help them however they are getting home on the back of some Benji magic the last two weeks. He cant do that every game over the next 2 months IMO

Every round from here to the finals will be fascinating. Manly just need to keep winning and avoid injuries, the rest can take care of themselves.

The main thing is not to lose 2 in a row so a win over the Roosters tomorrow is important. I just hope the weather isn't too bad....

I don't think the tigers are peaking too soon. Actually I don't reckon they are playing all that great.

That was a low quality game last night and Manly put in one of their worst halfs of season last week.

They are getting teams at the right time st the moment. Penrith could show the tigers up next weekend.

The Wheel said:
The Tigers have a soft run home which may help them however they are getting home on the back of some Benji magic the last two weeks. He cant do that every game over the next 2 months IMO

Benji will get dally m he has to be in front now since thurston been out he has 3 man of the matchs if he can get 2 more he will win.....

His court case will be decided not long before the winner is announced. A finding of guilt won't please the NRL if Benji wins the medal, particularly after the exploits of the last couple of winners.

I agree with you Bob Dylan. I thought both teams played poorly. Maybe the Goons played to their potential and didn't take advantage of the Tigers errors. Their edge defense was shocking. Where was Gaz? We were beaten by a forward pass and some poor defense in the second half when we played the Tiges. Both of those teams can and will be beaten easily by a team willing to do the hard stuff defensively all night, and run through the middle.

I noticed when Young came on the Goons straightened their attack and made metres. No-one else followed him though. Anyway good to see them go down.

Just heard that Lawrence is out for 3-4 weeks at best so that could spell trouble for them as he is their go to man. It's no secret that his return from injury has coincided with their return to form.

Why is everybody so excited about Wests? They scraped home in two games by two points, and could have lost both. Had they carved up their opposition I could understand it, but a two-point victory is hardly GF-winning form.

they have a nice run home with the riff, eels, titans and sharks.

see Penrith are paying 5.00 to beat the scum (1.14). You'd have to be brave but stranger things have happened. They haven't won down there in a thousand years. Does anyone know what the tigers drifted to last night when it was 8 nil?

Watched the Storm over the last couple of weeks and to me they have got a wobbly boot on.
A better side then Parra would have finished them off last week. A lost is coming up for them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4