This may have been mentioned already

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
i read this elsewhere

an interesting take on all of this...

I heard Graham Lowe on radio live yesterday talking about the situation... he was the Manly CEO up until halfway through this season and is manly through and through...

he didn't have too much good things to say about some individuals in the background at the club. he didn't name any names but he didn't sound too surprised that everything has blown up since the sacking of peter peters.

but one thing REALLY interesting he said was about the 'Dessie' clauses in players contracts... Lowie said that the players may not be able to leave even if they wanted to... because alot of those clauses were put in place if Hasler is sacked.

he said if Hasler resign's from his position and manly accept his resignation or if Hasler see's out the end of his contract with Manly then those clauses may not be able to be used...

i thought that was really interesting.

If this is true than that's awesome. Des is apparantly claiming he will play out his contract. If it means keeping the players then listen up Manly board - DO NOT SACK DES.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
but do we really want players that dont want to stay
Let's just hope that Manly is bigger than Des. The players might be stunned now but the facts are the team and coach are supposedly still together for 2012.
Apart from Des going at this point there are no other certainties leaving. It's all speculation.
Manly needs to be very proactive in fixing this mess starting now. The board has a lot of work to do in 12 months.

In hindsight I would think they gave him too much power. They really are in quite a situation now.
Dessie has played this very much to his advantage, he has confirmed several times now that he will play out his contract. I would think he'd know this would be untenable but by stating he will do it, he has placed it right back on the board for them to take action, and I'd highly doubt they would want him anywhere around.
I wonder if there is any provision for them to restructure and re-deploy him, highly doubtful as there would only be the head coach position.
Does anyone doubt Des Hassler did not know what he was doing and how he would be effecting the club, including the fans?
Far out I want him gone, more than ever, but he may have tied the boards hands with his manoevers.

After reading that, did Des excercised his option to see out his final year of coaching knowing that if sacked he'll take the players with clauses with him?

swoop said:
After reading that, did Des excercised his option to see out his final year of coaching knowing that if sacked he'll take the players with clauses with him?

I believe he has been very calculating and deliberate in his actions.

mwsneagle said:
swoop said:

I believe he has been very calculating and deliberate in his actions.

Very disappointing if that's the case but I'm starting to wonder if it was deliberate or not.

Cambo said:
Pretty simple let DES stay and they stay.

We have no choice, but with all the turmoil surrounding the club will the players be able to stay focussed ?

swoop said:
Cambo said:
Pretty simple let DES stay and they stay.

We have no choice, but with all the turmoil surrounding the club will the players be able to stay focussed ?
We always have turmoil surrounding the club and the players seem to manage to stay focussed.

They can sin-bin him for 12 months. That does not constitute a sacking.

Going to be more off-field action in 2012 than the DonnyBrookvale :p

WAMF said:
We have co-captains, why not co-coaches? Hasler to be more of an assistant to Tooves?
A good idea if it could work. Ring the club WAMF. Oh, I forgot the nobody seems to care what the fans think at the moment.

Ceagle said:
Expect this news about the get out clauses to be an "exclusive scoop" by some reporters tomorrow.
Are you talking about the clause news on this particular thread or some other 'exclusive scoop' involving the whole team leaving with Des tomorrow and our wooden spooning unders 20's side taking to the field under coach Ricky Stuart in 2012?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6