This season is over but next is ours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
It is looking like the NRL are going to crucafice us, leave us out to dry and be made an example of for what I thought was a tame brawl. I can see this bringing the playing group together, it will create and even stronger siege mentality, us against them, us againt the world.

The NRL are going to create a whole new beast next year.

Manly 2012 premiers

The Eagle said:
You should still see the team thats left over, if you think this year is over you have rocks in your head

I thought that would be the case till i saw ALL 4 players that run over will more then likely have lengthy stints on the sideline, one of them is Foran... Enough said.

The Eagle said:
Foran didn't throw a punch, not did Robbo

I know but listen to what is being said and written in the media mate, ALL 4 players will be facing suspensions.... Tallis actually said that Foran threw punches. I could not see it myself but this is what other people are saying.

Seriously the NRL are making such a big deal out of this, its ridiculous, if they just downplayed then the media spotlight would be off them.

Tallis needs to stop wasting oxygen by playing tiddlywinks in traffic against Blair and is hipocrit of the highest order

There's no way our seasons over. We might miss Snake and Gifty for a couple of weeks, and maybe a few others for a week.
Missing next weeks game could be a blessing in disguise, a nice freshen up b4 finals.

I think there is no question that the teams motivation levels will be sky high for the rest of the season. However it all comes down to the players we'll have available once the extent of injuries and suspensions are known.

There are some similarities to last year in that coming into the Roosters game there seemed to be a feeling that they could have a good shot the finals.. but injuries and suspensions plus the loss to the Bulldogs meant they limped into the finals and had nothing against the Dragons.

This year they're in 2nd spot and IF they can maintain enough of their players.... they're still in with a huge shot. But it depends on the players we'll have available.

Hopefully Brett is only suspended for the length of time it takes his knee to repair.
Is there a rule about an injured player having a suspension carried over until he's healthy? Interesting situation.

niccipops said:
Hopefully Brett is only suspended for the length of time it takes his knee to repair.
Is there a rule about an injured player having a suspension carried over until he's healthy? Interesting situation.

There isn't, as far as I know. Manly could just say he's fit, even if he wasn't in order to serve the suspension whilst injured.

If the GallopRL get rid of x number of Manly players and Souths beat Brisbane today...why not take the next week off. Send the Reggies to Brisbane, freshen up whoever is left for the next week. Why risk any more injuries...Just a thought

Tareeeagle said:
If the GallopRL get rid of x number of Manly players and Souths beat Brisbane today...why not take the next week off. Send the Reggies to Brisbane, freshen up whoever is left for the next week. Why risk any more injuries...Just a thought

If Souths win i totally agree, we should rest everyone.

Absolutely go the bunnies today.
Unfortunately though if the penalities for Friday are extreme for both Manly and the storm today's game will be the NRL's perfect GF preview.
A bunnies v horsies would be a no lose situation for Gallop and the NRL.
A Brisbane win is a Lockyer lovefest.
A bunnies win will bring out all closet bunny huggers.
I haven't lost faith in the best team in the comp though. Fire up Manly boys. The year's not over.

Tareeeagle said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Brisbane will have 50,000+ fans up there watching Darren Lockyer's last game. Let Gallop and his cronies rip our team to ribbons, and reply with - don't send up one first grader (call it a free "bye" if you will) and make it as farcikle as possible.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6