This team will go all the way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Well folks, we have the team to go all the way. With a healthy finish to the year there is no-one close, except maybe Melbourne but I don't see them recovering fully from that brutal origin series. Maybe Saints are a danger as they seem a bad matchup.

I watch this team and I have never seen a more machine-like unit. Its amazing that this team does not seem flashy at all yet has the best defensive and attacking record in the NRL by a decent space. That says more to me than anything. This team is a full notch better than 2007 with Perry being the addition and the rest of forwards playing even better as a unit including Watmough, Stewart, Kite, gosh everyone. The Ballin/L'Estrange combo loses nothing to Monaghan. Plus we have a wealth of talent on the bench.

In the backs, both David Williams or Michael Bani are as solid as Hicks last year, and Orford is playing superbly in career best form along with Lyon. Everyone else is on par with last year at least.

This team is unstoppable, I can see it already. The only thing that can stop this mob now is my money and I'll be keeping that in my back pocket because my wagers could stop a freight train rolling down a cliff.

I'll call it now, July 14th. The time has come.

NY Eagle

Ive got a good feeling also. And how it just maybe the Eagles Year. Providing we can stay injury free or near enough to it and stay in form. Then were a big chance to go all the way. It would do wonders for the teams confidence to knock the Storm over in Rd 22 at Brookie.

agreed,however,lets not get too carried away.menzies is right.the storm are still up there.watchin tonights game v the tigers,melb has class right across the park.that said,they can still be beaten.the tigers put up a great fight and showed up some weaknesses in melb.
manly can match the storm man for man.comes down to errors,last tackle options and possession rates.
the big danger man is inglis.he can beat any man one on one.he has to be stopped.
lyon has a big task ahead of him,however,maybe move a hitman against him.matai maybe??
the kicking game against melb is crucial.good support play and inside passing can trouble the storm.
definitely have the ability to muscle up against their forwards.
providing the ref gets the penalty count even and polices the storms wrestling tactics,we are in with a chance.

Inglis would make matai look like an idiot. Theres no way he could rush the line at inglis and get away with it. He MUST be put on the other side of the field.

Unfortunately, I think the table really creates a false sense of security when u are comparing our position to the Storms as those 3 games where they had 10 nuffies posing as NRL players are basically forfeits. The Storm could easily be 2 wins ahead of us & have a similar looking F & A.

We always knew that if we wanted to bring it home, we need to beat the Mexicans so I really don't think our lofty position on the table means much in the grand scheme of things.

The schedule of the byes this year during SOO also creates another false sense of security. In previous years SOO affected players would be backing up after every SOO game, but this year they only had to back up once. So that fatigue  that sometimes used to affect those teams may not be a factor this year.

F**k I'm sounding negative... sorry boys.

That said, I definitely agree we are a stronger squad this year & I'm almost ready to compare this side to the some of the other Manly greats from the past. We will still need alot to go our way, but I believe we can do it for Beaver ( I would almost be in tears if he lost a 4th GF).

If we could replicate that Cronulla game intensity and execution every week I'd be upbeat about our chances this year as well. You are only a dropped ball, stupid penalty or season ending injury away from being an also ran.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4