This time last week........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ms Manly

Nearly this time last week one of our star players took to the stage and stated that it was fine that he was shaking Gallops hand but he still deserved an apology and rightly so, we as the supporters backed Brett, cheered him on and agree 100%, NOW one week later we the fans have our hands up in the air and are asking for an explination on the recent events of our club and quite frankly what the hell is going on. There are those who are also seeking an apology (and can you blame them). Lets hope the board and club hear our concerns and frustrations and back us the fans the way we back our stars - cause lets face it we are a big part of this mighty club too

Apart form the money they cough up to become members, buy merchandise and attend games, the fans mean nothing to the club. We are customers nothing more. Thats why we get told nothing. We dont know who is to blame for tearing the club apart just 5 days after winning a premiership. This has happened just three years after the last time the club was torn apart after winning a premiership and we still dont know who was to blame then.
The supporters are nothing to Des. They never have been. Not once since his announcement has Hasler mentioned the Manly fans. No thanks. No sorry I am leaving. Nothing. Until I know, which will probably be never, i can only have a gut feeling of who is to blame. I believe Hasler, Zorba, Penn, Reilly and even Max Delmege all are to blame for the club being in the predicament it is in now.
Max saved this club and I will always be grateful, but when he wanted out he should have just walked , and not pushed others like Mayer out first. Interesting to read in todays paper that Max was against re-signing Hasler. Too many people who are supposed to care about this club have put their own egos before the club and the result is what we have today. I have spent thousands of dollars the last few years following the team around the country. And if this feeling I have now is how it feels to be Premiers then I won't be spending any money next year except for my $65 maroon membership. That way when this feeling comes again, I'll have no regrets about throwing my hard earned money away on a club and a coach that doesn't give a **** about it's members.

Bones, I'm feeling a little the same way. As a fan of 50 years I always thought people like me and you were the lifeblood of the club, and railed against claims that RL was now a business.
I now think they are right. We are just the fools that devote our pride and passion and money.
Having been so proud with the team's achievements this year I'm really down about all the spin we have been fed.
It seems we fans are the only ones who don't have ' get out' clauses nor big salaries. We are the only loyal servants RL clubs now have.

Good post mate agree with everything ...

By the way WTF u doing with knights jersey on in FB.. :dodgy:

The Who said:
Bones, I'm feeling a little the same way. As a fan of 50 years I always thought people like me and you were the lifeblood of the club, and railed against claims that RL was now a business.
I now think they are right. We are just the fools that devote our pride and passion and money.
Having been so proud with the team's achievements this year I'm really down about all the spin we have been fed.
It seems we fans are the only ones who don't have ' get out' clauses nor big salaries. We are the only loyal servants RL clubs now have.

That's just it ...we can't have get out clauses. The broncos could offer me $1 million a year to switch and be a Brisbane fan and even if I took the money, I would still want manly to win over Brisbane. That could never change. I dont understand how Des can want Manly to win one year, then want the Bulldogs to beat them the year after. I know its his job but if thats how he operates then we need a coach with the love of the club that say a Steve Menzies has. Geoff Toovey is the man IMO.

Gotta say - had a thought for supporters like Bones & the Mark Trambies who are the backbone of this mighty club giving unconditional support to this club & what pis*es me off most is we have all been treated as supporters like crap. Its not just about the decisions to jump ship (though it seems like too easy a choice) but the deception, cover ups & no answers for fans, people can say everyone should just cop it & I could if it was straight up, without the announcement "will come in 3 days" on a deal done last week -we arn't f***kin mugs, even enemies are more foward than this recent debacle. I will always support the Seaeagles even if it was Gould coaching & though I care who comes & go's I will always support the decision, if done with integrity.
Without the fans any team in any sport is nothing & personally feel the way its been handled is a massive letdown, & financially some have been dealt without any compassion, respect or loyalty that should run both ways.

Yep it sure does and it actually feels like it never ever happened..... it was weird cause as my dad and my son were walking out of the stadium my dad turned to me and said the eurphoria is nothing like it was three years ago.

The club will need to get on the front foot with the members this is the time they need to show us support.....as much as I don't agree with it but i think the membership and merchandise sales will be alot slower this week.

Lets hope there is some positive news this week or the club/board actually address the fans

I agree with everything said. We are putting our hard earned money into supporting this team but don't get told a thing. We can't even get confirmation when a player signs or re-signs with our club for f**k sake. We are the reason these blokes have a job, because without us the NRL wouldn't exist. We show our support so that when we achieve success we can enjoy it, well this premiership has been completely pissed on for me. We got to enjoy it for one day...

The board owe us an apology for being a complete failure and tearing this club apart, and the coaching staff owe us an apology for deserting the club. I understand the conditions may have been tough for them with the current board, but we have shown them nothing but support and had we known what the problem was could have tried to help by voting in new members to act on the board on our behalf.

bones said:
Apart form the money they cough up to become members, buy merchandise and attend games, the fans mean nothing to the club. We are customers nothing more. Thats why we get told nothing. We dont know who is to blame for tearing the club apart just 5 days after winning a premiership. This has happened just three years after the last time the club was torn apart after winning a premiership and we still dont know who was to blame then.
The supporters are nothing to Des. They never have been. Not once since his announcement has Hasler mentioned the Manly fans. No thanks. No sorry I am leaving. Nothing. Until I know, which will probably be never, i can only have a gut feeling of who is to blame. I believe Hasler, Zorba, Penn, Reilly and even Max Delmege all are to blame for the club being in the predicament it is in now.
Max saved this club and I will always be grateful, but when he wanted out he should have just walked , and not pushed others like Mayer out first. Interesting to read in todays paper that Max was against re-signing Hasler. Too many people who are supposed to care about this club have put their own egos before the club and the result is what we have today. I have spent thousands of dollars the last few years following the team around the country. And if this feeling I have now is how it feels to be Premiers then I won't be spending any money next year except for my $65 maroon membership. That way when this feeling comes again, I'll have no regrets about throwing my hard earned money away on a club and a coach that doesn't give a s**t about it's members.

Bones you have been spot on with your posts here mate.....I have agreed with everything you have said. I have not spent ANYWHERE near the money you have but with two young kids etc I do my best to support this team. I have enjoyed the ride none the less and more so due to me supporting the team probably more closely when we had basically a bunch of fringe first graders and the mighty Beaver of course and we were usually inconsistent and the reason for much heartbreak. But at the end of the day they were my team and I enjoyed the wins more after a loss or two or three.

This whole debacle has been handled terribly in regards to the timing of the matter and to find out 12 months out and immediately after a GF win is just inexcusable.

I can handle life without Des @ Manly but to have other teams on the same day as our parade in Manly raining on our parade is a strange feeling.

An apology would go along way to the fans and also the re-appointment of a new coach for 2013 with the ENDORSEMENT of the Team to keep fans at Ease and not to mention sponsors etc.

Lets wait and see if this happens very soon.

In the meantime go the EAGLES!!!!

bones said:
Max saved this club and I will always be grateful, but when he wanted out he should have just walked , and not pushed others like Mayer out first. Interesting to read in todays paper that Max was against re-signing Hasler. Too many people who are supposed to care about this club have put their own egos before the club and the result is what we have today. I have spent thousands of dollars the last few years following the team around the country. And if this feeling I have now is how it feels to be Premiers then I won't be spending any money next year except for my $65 maroon membership. That way when this feeling comes again, I'll have no regrets about throwing my hard earned money away on a club and a coach that doesn't give a s**t about it's members.

Bones, I also feel the same. It is just devastating to watch our club torn apart. I have always understood Peter Peters to be very valuable to the club but perhaps I have been mistaken.
The consolation is, if Toovey takes over and the management structure changes we all move on to good times. I don't think that players will jump ship because Hasler does just as fans won't now follow the dogs.

Hasler said "let's go back to back".
I really hope we do but will the feeling in 2012 after a GF win be any different to the feelings we have now?
We may have to wait five or ten years , when we can look at the record books and see we went back to back before it actually feels like a GF win for us fans.
And what about the text messages from Hasler to fans to get out to the finals match. Makes sense now. Get to the game, Cheer manly on, help them win a premiership so he can increase his asking price.

No player or staff member is going to commit to Manly now when there is so much uncertainty. The players will wait and see who is coach and what happens at board level as well as await offers from other clubs before committing to anything. This wont happen till next year. I would say as usual we will hear nothing from Manly admin/board as they don't give a **** about the fans as evidenced by recent events. We the fans are the last consideration in all this.

We the fans are always going to be last considered no matter which club you support. As with any business, the bosses know alot more than any of the employees, or in this case fans. I'd hazard a guess Des confided in atleast one of the senior players or his staff of what he was planning to do, if not more. We are mushrooms because us having knowledge of their movements or decisions is irrelevent. It will not change who they hire, who they fire, who is retained or who resigns. We will never be privy to all that goes on behind the scenes, and i would never expect to be. It's the nature of the business beast. More bull**** please sir, and please turn off the light.

I hope someone is reading this to see just how pissed off we are!! We deserve answers, and an understanding on how we approach the future.

I am sure that someone would have/will read this I am also sure that nothing will be addressed until they are good and ready...... for a club that was giving it to Gallop for not addressing the Brett issue they are now just as bad not addressing this issue and giving us an explianation we deserve

I'm not sure what we want the club to tell us. Des is going, he has his reasons. I don't think he owes us any explanations. He helped give us two premierships, and now he's moving on. He's given us more than a seasons notice which is plenty of time to organize and restructure. We pay our hard earned cash for the privelage to wear the maroon and white. We pay to be able to produce a members card and receive discounts etc. We pay for the joy of standing shoulder to shoulder with our mates and other supporters and scream ourselves horse while watching the team we love bust themselves to win games. It's the team that loves and appreciate us, not so much the officials, and i don't support Manly because i love the board. I don't pay my hard earned in expectation that all decisions be run by me first. A decision has been made by Des, we have to move on.

mozgrame said:
I'm not sure what we want the club to tell us. Des is going, he has his reasons. I don't think he owes us any explanations. He helped give us two premierships, and now he's moving on. He's given us more than a seasons notice which is plenty of time to organize and restructure. We pay our hard earned cash for the privelage to wear the maroon and white. We pay to be able to produce a members card and receive discounts etc. We pay for the joy of standing shoulder to shoulder with our mates and other supporters and scream ourselves horse while watching the team we love bust themselves to win games. It's the team that loves and appreciate us, not so much the officials, and i don't support Manly because i love the board. I don't pay my hard earned in expectation that all decisions be run by me first. A decision has been made by Des, we have to move on.
Mozgrame you make a lot of sense. I guess what nobody in the business of running an NRL club understands the effect things like this can have on fans.
Despite all this crap we keep coming back because it is us that has the loyalty.
Most of us will never forget losing our team through the Beagles disaster and none of us are going to forget this one.
The other thing we will remember is that we will always be loyal to the Sea Eagles.
It's certainly a roller coaster, but I'm on it.

And i'm right beside you niccipops. It's going to be an interesting year. The losses will be hard, the wins will be sweet and our loyalty will remain to the team. My shout in Townsville, then we'll stick it right up 'em mate!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2