This Weekes Highlights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I expect we'll see Kaeo getting his NRL debut in the next month or two. I haven't been following his progress in lower grades but did notice he was picked at 5/8 recently. No doubt he's being prepared for the possibility of some utility role if needed and let's face it we don't have many other backline reserves.

The club site states his debut was 7 May - he was named as 18th man but didn't take the field. He's such a good mover so his real NRL debut will be exciting for fans, something I'm looking forward to.

He has the attitude , the speed and skill .

He has the whole package to pack a punch

and make a difference in the NRL

That could still be the smokey proposition or a good outcome if an up and comer of the undoubted calibre of Weekes could step up and make a real serious play as a Manly 6 . Foz has been great but Weekes while not having Foz "s all round smarts at present would certainly add a heap more in the speed and elusiveness department , should be able to develop some worthwhile set up plays , bit of a step up in defence but no reason why he could not acquit to requirements . Probably unlikely to debut as a full back this season with Garrick available , more likely from the bench in whatever back line position . Realize that he had a run in the trials last season in the halves but sure that he could improve from that showing . Only hypothetical of course but could even be a near future half "s combination or consideration of Fainu and Weekes , Schuster as an edge but then to have a suitable 13 . Then not to discount Humphries to make some sort of a go as a future Manly half . Time will tell

Foz has been great but Weekes while not having Foz "s all round smarts at present would certainly add a heap more in the speed and elusiveness department ,
Foz has all the smarts but his most important attribute is neither smarts nor speed and elusiveness, it is attitude, plain and simple. Which is why the decision to not fight harder to retain him longer was such a tricky one. If Weekes can really blossom that would sure make the decision look better.

In the trial game last year, I commented that in my opinion he appeared most nrl ready ... surprised he hasn't had a run yet ... but looking forward to seeing him

Very sharp player who can create with footwork, speed and unpredictability.
There are 2 reasons he hasn't been picked at NRL level
1) Des is a stickler and often players need to get injured to be replaced.
2) Weekes has great potential for every reason mentioned throughout the thread, but has a tendency to wait for the game to come to him, rather than grab it by the horns and take control...this will happen over time imo.

Can see him taking over from Walker next season. He can play pretty much anywhere in the backline. Tall lad too.. if he fills out can even play 9 or 13 at a push (if their are injuries not full time). So can see him being a very good 14.

Can see him taking over from Walker next season. He can play pretty much anywhere in the backline. Tall lad too.. if he fills out can even play 9 or 13 at a push (if their are injuries not full time). So can see him being a very good 14.
He is very strong in the legs.

Being named on the fringe of the NRL squad every week, he is hardly getting to play at all. This is a real trap in the contemporary game. How are kids like this supposed to develop?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4