This week's Soaring Eagle.. look familiar?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Morning all,

Mark Tramby from MWTS features as this week's Soaring Eagle

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=37992&title=this-week%27s-soaring-eagle---mark-tramby

Go Manly & Go Mark!

Larissa

It would be interesting to see the club's membership list folded into the MWTS group. I noticed many Manly supporters up in the bleachers (the away bay) up there at Suncorp. Another couple of hundred or so down in the best seats that Mark obtained for that game, would have been awesome.

Manly Warringah Traveling Supporters?

I thought that the group was known as the Manly Warringah Traveling Supportahs or is that just the unofficial name?

Oh yeah, I forgot to say congratulations Mark for being named as this week's Soaring Eagle and also well done with your achievements with the MWTS group. :)

claply7.gif

Thanks guys

WE still call them the Supportahs....BUT.....to appeal to the masses and make it easier to find on facebook etc etc we made it Supporters there.

It has truly been an amazing growth these last few years , but we are only just starting...Blatchy's Blues got 10,000 last night....when we have numbers in the thousands we will well and truly have "made it"

But Rome wasn't built in a day was it.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks guys

WE still call them the Supportahs....BUT.....to appeal to the masses and make it easier to find on facebook etc etc we made it Supporters there.

It has truly been an amazing growth these last few years , but we are only just starting...Blatchy's Blues got 10,000 last night....when we have numbers in the thousands we will well and truly have "made it"

Maybe we need to get your guys some Maroon & White wigs?

Larissa said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks guys

Not actually as dumb as it sounds...it would in fact really make us stand out at away games.

I'll put that idea forward to the "Brains Trust".

Mark from Brisbane said:
Larissa said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks guys

Not actually as dumb as it sounds...it would in fact really make us stand out at away games.

I'll put that idea forward to the "Brains Trust".

I was thinking the exact same thing last night after watching origin.

The Sea Eagles should have a "Wig" day at Brookvale oval, with some proceeds going to a cancer related charity. Everyone can wear a maroon or white, or maroon and white wig and donate a gold coin, or maybe a dollar from each ticket gets donated. Would look awesome seeing the majority of the crowd in the wigs and a great cause

DSM5 said:
It would be interesting to see the club's membership list folded into the MWTS group. I noticed many Manly supporters up in the bleachers (the away bay) up there at Suncorp. Another couple of hundred or so down in the best seats that Mark obtained for that game, would have been awesome.

It's slowly happening DSM...., the numbers are growing.... our facebook page is getting more "likers" every week and this is an excellent source of information for the away form Sydney games but also the Sydney away from Brookvale games as well, and never a week goes by when another 6-10 ask to be added to my e-mail list (clearly aimed at the away games).

I too was sad to see just as many fans sitting up in those terrible seats in Bay 725 and could only but imagine how much better the experience would have been for them had they joined the MWTS group.

HOWEVER...there are many fans that attend games that just prefer to sit by themselves and not be where the chanting / singing is going on...to each their own I suppose but as you yourself have discovered it adds a whole different dimension to going to the game.

Hopefully my own promotion this week by the club will help the awareness issue a bit more.

Larissa is right onside with the MWTS concept which is great and we have some plans to promote it more with next years membership campaign ( I have a few ideas perhaps they tick a box to be included in the information that goes out..and perhaps we get a more "official" MWTS Polo / T-Shirt / Cap branded with MWTS that is available through the merchandise department).

I am sure there's more we can do but I agree 110%, we need to connect with the 10,000 members first and foremost!!

That is a wonderful article on the MWSE website for & by you Mark, well done!

---

Oh and that photo with the 2008 Permiership trophy for the Maroon & Whites is just fantastic! 40-Nil!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks guys

"brick by brick"

Thanks Ssar....yes it is a good article and my hope is that the members who are not a part of the MWTS will read this and perhaps want to belong.

As I say above, what we do, and what we offer, does not suit everyone but we do hope that at least people get to know about us, what we do and how we do it.

And DSM...I know where you are coming from, I think the "block" of seats and the signs (and naturally the noise) do the trick anyway.

I think the Blatchy's Blues concept works well for them (and you must admit it did stand out last night) but in all honesty can't see us doing the same for the MWTS...would just look to be a copy anyway and we can't have that!!

And Ayjay is that "Elland Road Brick by Brick....or Brookvale Brick by Brick"...cause let me tell you another Elland Road tour (or other stadium) would do wonders to the legend that is the MWTS!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Thanks Ssar....yes it is a good article and my hope is that the members who are not a part of the MWTS will read this and perhaps want to belong.

As I say above, what we do, and what we offer, does not suit everyone but we do hope that at least people get to know about us, what we do and how we do it.

And DSM...I know where you are coming from, I think the "block" of seats and the signs (and naturally the noise) do the trick anyway.

I think the Blatchy's Blues concept works well for them (and you must admit it did stand out last night) but in all honesty can't see us doing the same for the MWTS...would just look to be a copy anyway and we can't have that!!

And Ayjay is that "Elland Road Brick by Brick....or Brookvale Brick by Brick"...cause let me tell you another Elland Road tour (or other stadium) would do wonders to the legend that is the MWTS!!

You should all wear those maroon and white spandex skin suits instead, that would be awesome

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6