This will make you sick...........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
WIN Jubilee is undergoing a $13 million upgrade and a western grandstand at Wollongong is costing $29 million.

From the DT.

How come nearly every other club can get huge amounts of funding while Brookie oval is going backwards.

WTF can't we get this sort of funding?

why hasnt this come up before.

its outrageous that we havent discussed this in the past, thank god swoop was there to be the first person to bring it to our attention...

The reason we dont discuss it is because we all know it's a waste of time. Warringah council sits on its hands while green fools tell them what they can and cant do. A Labor or Liberal state Govt that doesnt care about the electorate because it will never fall to labor and the Libs dont have to do anything to retain it. The area is looked upon as wealthy and wont be allocated funds over lower socio economic areas like Newcastle, Sydney west and Wollongong. Get used to it. Nobody but Manly supporters are going to fight for this and most have given up trying to be heard because as we say "No one like us" and THEY dont care and if Manly seriously wants better home facilities then they should be talking to the SFS and moving there now before it costs us our club. Would you rather have Manly Sea Eagles playing out of the SFS or no team at all because that is the choice.

I thought I was about to hear a Justin Beiber song when I saw the title of this thread

mickqld link said:
The reason we dont discuss it is because we all know it's a waste of time. Warringah council sits on its hands while green fools tell them what they can and cant do. A Labor or Liberal state Govt that doesnt care about the electorate because it will never fall to labor and the Libs dont have to do anything to retain it. The area is looked upon as wealthy and wont be allocated funds over lower socio economic areas like Newcastle, Sydney west and Wollongong. Get used to it. Nobody but Manly supporters are going to fight for this and most have given up trying to be heard because as we say \"No one like us\" and THEY dont care and if Manly seriously wants better home facilities then they should be talking to the SFS and moving there now before it costs us our club. Would you rather have Manly Sea Eagles playing out of the SFS or no team at all because that is the choice.

That's not as obvious an answer as you'd think.

Playing out of Brookie is part of what makes us Manly. If we became the Sydney Eagles, I probably wouldn't renew my membership & would probably drift away from them in a couple of years.

The SFS sucks anyway but it'd be even worse if we were playing there to 3000 people every 2nd week.

As I have posted in the past,it wouldn't just be the sea-eagles that the area would lose.All the associated businesses would suffer.Manly leagues,brookie pub,mcdonalds,the factory outlet,the travelodge,Sydney Bus drivers (who get extra shifts on match days),the caterers and cleaners at brookie,and goodness knows how many other smaller businesses.I know we've repeated this over and over,but you'd think a council would WANT to keep all this business around the area.No matter how many people say "I'll make my way back to the club",after an SFS game,truth is,if they live away from the peninsular,and aren't there to watch a game,and if there is a quick and easy way home,they'll take it.

I know it's been brought up a few times but what are our mob doing about it. The way Zorba apparently carried on at a meeting is a disgrace.

Have we had any feedback from the club, what are they doing other than whinging and making idle treats of moving. The lack of professionalism at the club is astounding.

Let's all sit back and say nothing.

Kogarah is in Rockdale (Frank Sartor's seat), Woollongong is a Safe Labor seat, this is also funding that is still coming through from John Howard, a Dragons supporter.

All Liberal members that support our club are currently in Opposition. Give it time guys, we'll get our funding. Hopefully in the next 3 years....we've waitied 10 years, I can wait another 3

Dan link said:
I thought I was about to hear a Justin Beiber song when I saw the title of this thread

And I thought it was going to be Venus Williams bending over in those skin coloured undies.

Jono link said:
All Liberal members that support our club are currently in Opposition. Give it time guys, we'll get our funding. Hopefully in the next 3 years....we've waitied 10 years, I can wait another 3
The way we're going we might not be around in 3 years times. No major sponsor, the worst home ground in the NRL and small crowds because of antiquated facilities.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186916.msg324260#msg324260 date=1300406991]

I was expecting a photo of lotti.
[/quote]

You just wanted to see a photo of lotti,because you're her forum sponsor.

Dan link said:
Was Justin Beiber shot dead on CSI last night ?

2830 Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186916.msg324260#msg324260 date=1300406991]
Was Justin Beiber shot dead on CSI last night ?
[/quote]

Wasn't that real?  Damn!

no there are plenty of jokes about it on comixed.com

At the next state & federal election everybody in an odd number house vote Labour, and everybody in an even house vote Liberal.  Before you know it Brookie will be a 40k plus state of the art stadium with plenty of access and parking leading into the brandspanking new complex of which the Manly Leagues club is the crowning jewel.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7