Thoughts on Alex Glenn?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Baz

Beaver's Headgear
We've been linked with plenty of players in the past week and plenty more names have been thrown around the forum, however I'm yet to hear anyone mention Alex Glenn. He's off contract at the end of the year, clearly out of favour at the Broncos and wouldn't be overly expensive. I'm a big admirer, he's still fairly young (26) and I think he would add plenty of aggression to our backrow but I'm keen to hear all of your thoughts on signing him (also interested to see if this rumour now finds its way into the Telegraph in the next few days).

Yeah, he started like a house on fire, but faded in recent times. He certainly has ability though. I'd prefer Napper and Docker, but wouldn't complain if we ended up with Glenn.

Smallish second rower that just runs into the defence, doesn't pass, doesn't offload; not what we need.

Smallish second rower that just runs into the defence, doesn't pass, doesn't offload; not what we need.
Respectfully disagree, his stats are 181cm and 101kg putting him in the stocky/agile mould of Choc, he's also played a fair bit of centre for the Broncs and definitely has more than adequate ball skills.

Not what we need but i rate him as a good player. We need ferocious props. Leary JSL buhrer Symonds will do me for back rowers especially if chee kam comes on.

Once touted as a future Broncos captain, but IMO hasn't delivered enough. Just don't think he has the work ethic to be a good 80 minute backrower on both sides of the ball (Buhrer like) or the explosiveness to be an impact player. Its a no from me.

Can understand the interest - has ability, and is still young, aggressive also. Would be a reasonable buy - but I think at the moment there are just far more pressing areas to focus on for recruitment - the obvious two being the halves and front row. Get them sorted and then a player like Glenn would perhaps be of interest.

At one time was their best player. I would be happy to have him at manly

I knew him when he was a pup at Burleigh. We had his little cousin in our side who was a gun. When Alex got signed to the Broncs, the whole family moved there (I mean everyone, half cousins, you name it!) that's there family way. So if he does go, I'd imagine it'd be back down the road to the Titans.

Yeah, he started like a house on fire, but faded in recent times. He certainly has ability though. I'd prefer Napper and Docker, but wouldn't complain if we ended up with Glenn.
I'm not sure what @Napper thinks about this but I am sure he'd be honored.
Napa would be handy too

We need some Jesse Bromwich guys. On Saturday our pack went hard in the first half but in the second half as we wore down, he really picked it up. That's the type of front rower we are desperately in need of.

He is one of the most boring players in the game; one dimensional and we have no use for him.

He is not capable of doing anything that can't already be done by the players currently at the club. He runs hard and that's all he has.

We have plenty of good honest footballers and they're not enough to win you a competition. We need BIG (not 181cm, 101kg types) players to steam roll up the middle of the field and then a half or 5/8. Anything else and we are buying what we already have.

The only reason I could think we are looking at hoppa or Idris is if we are planning on moving Lyon to 5/8. We still need a half though.

It would be nice to see the club actively pursuing some real talent. Get in and strike early while we've got the coin. If we delay for too long there will be no one worthwhile left to sign.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4