Thoughts on cowboys game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lamph1

Firstly another great win, but glad this run of bloody MNF is over.
Thought tonight was Gifts best game of the season, bit of a roving role, got solid running but also some footwork at the line which I think has been missing from his game. Tireless in defence always.
Of course, wraps to the big guns Foz, Killer and Snake, clearly the difference between thee sides.
But yeah, mentions for Hasson (I thought his best game, solid mistake free football) plus Wolfy and Horo, they are both going really well. Fa'aoso also good impact.
The only one im a little worried about is Lawrence, his form seems to have dropped off a little, not sure if he's playing a bit hurt.

lamph1 said:
Thought tonight was Gifts best game of the season, bit of a roving role, got solid running but also some footwork at the line which I think has been missing from his game. Tireless in defence always.
Of course, wraps to the big guns Foz, Killer and Snake, clearly the difference between thee sides.
But yeah, mentions for Hasson (I thought his best game, solid mistake free football) plus Wolfy and Horo, they are both going really well. Fa'aoso also good impact.
The only one im a little worried about is Lawrence, his form seems to have dropped off a little, not sure if he's playing a bit hurt.

Have to agree completely.

lamph1 said:

Well, there's still 1 more MNF game left............

Thought the 2nd half was close to our best all season, and think we were perfect in completions too. Looked like the same team from the 1st 6 weeks.

lamph1 said:

WOW!! he must of been Horrendous in the other games if that was his best.

If we're going to be finals threats,these are the teams we should be brushing past.Nothings a gimme,but you'd like to think that if we are to be genuine contenders,Titans and Tigers need to be put away.I think F/A will be crucial,so vital to get a few more good kills under our belt.

ayjay007 said:
If we're going to be finals threats,these are the teams we should be brushing past.Nothings a gimme,but you'd like to think that if we are to be genuine contenders,Titans and Tigers need to be put away.I think F/A will be crucial,so vital to get a few more good kills under our belt.

FA means F All since we got that draw.

ifernolan said:
ayjay007 said:

Unless we equal the storm on wins

ifernolan said:
ayjay007 said:

Not entirely correct FA is important to us as far as the storm only are concerned because unless there's other draws they are the only team we will finish equal with.
Because of this weekends result we are now 2 points behind them and if we are level we would jump them as our FA is better.

Couple of things last night and the easts game showed

1) we have the most complete halves combo in the comp only the roosters and maybe souths come close
2) foran is more critical to our attack than DCE. I don't think that's a slur on cherry I think it's more of a reflection on what side of the field they play. Last night foz was able to run the left as usual and Jamie just shuffled in closer with gifty and ran the right. Against Easts poor little DCE was trying to direct both sides and struggled against one of the comps best defences.

That second half reminded me of some of our ominous performances in the back end of 2011

I thought it was good when Horo used bowen as a speed bump.

/transmission

Its pleasing to score some tries, even if the opposition is average.

re Glenn Stewart (and I have been very critical),

1st half rating 2/10
2nd half rating 7/10

He will be a vital cog come September, but there is no way he is injury free.

Maybe Gift's wayward passing was the result of the eye injury. I hope so and its just a one off thing.

Game plan was probably to offload a lot in the first half and run them around a bit when thia wasnt working we started holding onto the ball a lot more

Good win by the end but the 1st 45 mins lacked intensity.
The best sign was the fact after Cows scored early in that 2nd half, Manly changed gears with a 20% improvement in attitude not allowing the Cows to make a game of it - what the best sides do.
Fa'aso was direct & added mongrel, Lawrence & Hasson were solid, Gift started very patchy but switched the simple button & improved, Snake, Lyon , Foran the gamebreakers & 2 players who deserve a massive wrap were the wingers , both outstanding imo. Add Hiku who filled in well at right centre, safe in defence & dangerous in attack.
Matai was a constant threat & his dummy half runs again setting up the Seaeagles momentum.
Noticed the 2nd half kicks were in his direction with Bowen looking worried with no penetration as a result.
Sao a nice spell looks promising & Skinner done his job well.
Ballin as always tackled like a demon & loved his support for that 90 metre try.
Improving in key areas which is a positive leading to seasons home straight.

The first half should be put down to the reshuffle of Players, the Boys just needed to click into the new formations.

Gifty threw two gimmes to Hiku who was too flat, normally Killer would be the receiver and he knows to stay deeper for Gifty's passes.

The victorious Manly Team have just left TSV Airport, all looking calm and smiling - two vital points to ascend the Premiership table :angel:

I liked watching a whole bunch of tries NOT scored off obv forward passes that no one rules on.

I liked the fact they went to the video ref for obstruction on a Manly try yet it came back 'TRY'. Astounding.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I liked the fact they went to the video ref for obstruction on a Manly try yet it came back 'TRY'. Astounding.
I can't even believe that was referred to the video ref. There wasn't even a hint of obstruction at all from our 2 decoys yet 4 officials on the ground can't see it. Staggering but then again it's the Manly loading we are burdened with.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8