Thoughts on the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
+ 1st off all - Replace Friend with Matai, and replace Perry with someone like Cameron Smith. If Matai got up from a tackle made by Cam Smith, and threw a punch, there would be all hell to pay.

+ 2ndly, and again - was it only me that thought the Titans threw about 5 wild forward passes that the ref let go tonight?

+ Choc is back, and in mean form.

+ If Matai is suspended, I'd then expect Friend to be suspended.

+ Orford has lifted - BIG time.

+ Jason King is extremely unfit. That said, he improved exponentially from THE Souths game. His lateral defence is a worry around the middle of the ruck.

+ Post match Conference: Journalist:- "Watmough at 5/8, could be a stayer?"
Des Hasler, "I don't think so", without hesitation or a smile - made me laugh !

+ I'm so excited to see Lyon back next week !

+ Brandy Alexander all game suggesting how poor Manly were playing, and how well The Titans were playing. Seriously - he whinged about us all night. In fact, the whole call team couldn't get HALF the stuff they were saying right. Beaver was playing his 245 according to Ryan Feelinhimself.

+ We are building, and building well. All of Freeman, Belcher, Feelhimself, Sattler said Melbourne will have the minor premiership stitched up next week. They can all ^%$#%#@ off !!

Dissapointed with a couple of soft tries and the fact that we didn't put them away by 30.

Highlight of the night was wheel being on the field at half time. 

(1) The referee must have had a word in his ear by the NRL - keep it close no matter what so the darlings of the NRL (Melbourne) can win the MP

(2) This is the first time I have listened to the FOX team this year. What a pack of idiots. What were they talking about the whole second half??..how disappointing Manly were??...they had luck??..what?. Manly were running all over them like they were going downhill. Only the referee stopped this being 40-6.

Then I saw that Gary Freeman idiot in the panel and I got it. I got it.

(3) Great performance by Manly. They are at a nice level. King will get better every week. Watmough was a monster. I expect he won MOM. If he tackles like that in the GF what an X factor. Good on him.

I think maybe the occasion may have got to them tonight as well, trying too hard

Freeking Alexander was pissing me off as well ( hope we belt his Panfers next week and he has to watch LOL)

Positives from tonight
Manlys online defence and the strength of the tackles was awesome
Orford is slowly getting better every week so he must have shaken off the injury
Choco had a blinder ( i don't think he will be charged) couple of great hits and some bruising hitups
Manlys Off loads
Glenn Hall has stepped up and deserves to keep his spot another cracker game tonight from him
Lyon back next week

minuses
Attack seemed flat at times and lacked direction
Orfords kicking was again poor
seemed to go away from their regular game plan at times

another thought
If we don't get the MP and finish 2nd we would probably face the Raiders who will only be making up the numbers in the 8

Agreed Tookey, their first try was ridiculous and the second a gift from the ref.  Our first disallowed try was pure rubbish.  It was a try for sure, check the replay for confirmation.  We seemed to lose interest for periods but overall a solid performance.  Ox's kicks?  what can I say.  How come he can kick for two from the sideline but his line kicks only go ten metres?  Glenn Stewart a bit quiet tonight, is he carrying an injury?  Hall or Kitey mom.

A good grafting win with some agro shown - pity the ref spoilt it! Manly will need to pick their game up with attack and not try to score off every set. Very pleased with their defence. Bamboozled by quite a few of the penalties against Manly. Why Perry got penalised by standing his ground when the Titans playing was trying to walk off the mark is beyond me.
When the frig will the refs start policing the play the ball. It seems that the player who has the ball is bale to play it from wherever the heck he likes!

I know Fro, but it really gets up my nose for some reason.  I thought Ballin had a very so-so game tonight.  When LeStrange came on we sparked up and he seemed to get our big guys running down the centre again as they had been doing quite successfully in the first fifteen.

Ryan link said:
+ Post match Conference: Journalist:- \"Watmough at 5/8, could be a stayer?\"
Des Hasler, \"I don't think so\", without hesitation or a smile - made me laugh !

I'm fairly sure that was Beaver who made the joke about Choc at 6 wasn't it? Possibly wrong, but that was what I thought. Easily the most light-hearteded press conference I've seen from Dessie all year! Good to see, made me laugh at least.

Quick thoughts on the game: pleased to have the win. Pleased to get a slight jump on the Storm differential-wise. Very pleased that Choc has found some sting in his defence, but still areas for him and Matai to work on there of course.

Still not 100% on out attack. Needs to be more crisp. We had a few flukey tries that proved the difference, but they all count so I'm happy with that...although you can't bank on those tries happening in big games against the best teams.

I had to listen to the mmm radio call over the net and all I can say is what on earth sort of game was that.

You sit back & listen and youd think you could get a feel for the game. No chance. Commentary was all ocver the place like a mad womans sh!t.

Although there was a funny period where in tribute to beaver they called the game as if was all 13 players on the field. Beaver gets the ball on the 20, turns and shuffles it back out to beaver, who neatly flicks it on to beaver who streaks up field. Crosses the titans 40 and finds beaver in support who jinks and finds beaver further out wide .........beaverbeaverbeaver. (you get the idea)

At least Watmoughs rushes out of the line were successful tonight, a couple of Matai's weren't, again. The ball handling was a bit sloppy at times, but we got on a nice roll in the second half only to have that gimp Robinson bring it to a grinding halt by blowing the pea out of the whistle. Certainly not a perfect performance and still room for improvement, but it was a win and the distraction of Beaver's last game probably affected the preparation some what.

One thing I was really pleased with was that there was some mongrel being shown out there tonight and the team as a whole fired up. They looked like they wanted to hurt the Titans in defence and that is the sort of attitude we need to take into the semis. Still some work to do in attack, hopefully when Lyon is back we will have some more options.

Bring on the Choccy Soldiers, it'd be nice to have a game click into place before the finals.

-Watmough gave away the first two penalties in a row both in consecutive sets, we cant do that against quality sides.
However I was very impressed with some of his hits.

- The Titans are a bunch of ****ing sooks, any decent hit we put on them and they layed down so the video ref could try and find something in the tackle. Man up you ****in fairies.

-Mat Orfords touch footy call to Jason Robinson was great. That was the worst ref's performance i have seen.

-Josh Perry didnt deserve half the penalties that he conceded, when he was standing at marker in my opinion he didn't move.

-Glenn Stewart doesnt appear to be 100% at the moment, he isn't moving freely, and is a little quiet for his standards.

-Glenn Hall has been fantatastic, i saw him in the pre season and he was massive. I think he has to be in the 17 somewhere no matter what.

-Williams is getting better with every game and i love the way he brings the ball back. Great find Crusher Cleal!

-The Foxsports commentators are a bunch of dickheads.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178293.msg195120#msg195120 date=1220271058]

Highlight of the night was wheel being on the field at half time. 

Sorry Tookey forgot to wave at you

[/quote]

Did you win the competition to spend the night with Lush?

No but I have the season ticket holders luck draw - a watch I think

The Wheel link said:
No but I have the season ticket holders luck draw - a watch I think

The draw definately sounds rigged. 

Funny I saw g Munday and macca in the crowd last night wearing new watches.  Looks like you might have to settle for the consolation prize of lush and the goat.

Our attack was average, but i dont give a stuff

Our defense was BRUTAL, i don't remember a display like that from us for a long time, we bashed them from the 1st minute til the 80th. Defence wins premierships and i bet that a lot of other teams watched that last night and have no interest in lining up against us any time soon. It wasn't just 1 or 2 guys either, Matai, Watmough, Perry, Menzies and Wolfman all put on some beauties. I loved it. Choc could have filled Brut big hits on his own

We really lifted about 50mins in when Perry and Kite were reunited on the park, Kitey destroyed them from that point on.

Perry may have given away some penalties, but who cares, it is official, we now have a true enforcer in the front row. He played damn hard last night

Wolfman, i LOVE his kick returns, damaging

Never realised what a niggly bastard Laffranchi was until last night

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8