Thoughts on the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What was Nathan Brown thinking by picking Ben Rogers over Soward. Rogers did nothing and they really missed Sowards kicking game I thought. Anyway good for us.

Thought our game was solid enough without being spectacular, so there is room for improvement. We made some basic errors and put a bit of pressure on ourselves in the first half. But the pleasing thing was that we kept composure under pressure and didn't panic. We reaped the rewards in the second half by wearing them down and making them play catch up footy. Hats off to Orford, he led us well tonight and had a good game, his kicking was mostly spot on. Maybe the Dally M Medal was just the fillip he needed to get some confidence, let's hope this is a sign of things to come. Lyon was a little quiet, but will be better for the run. The other player I though was good tonight was Ballin, his service from dummy half was quick and decisive, he ran well and also provided some good options with kicks. All the forwards did their job and played over the top of the Dragons, couldn't fault any of them.

Great to see Beaver score in his last game at Brookie....the guy is a true champion.

I didn't think that we played particularly well and seemed a bit off our game especially in the first half.  But hats off to Bryant who i thought had a sensational game.

Hall has also taken his game to another level this year and is one of our best forwards. 

Wolfman was a bit out of sorts but will improve next game. 

Agree Bryant was great

I look forward to seeing what DSM says about Ox & Matai

reading the reports from the game - what's this about suspect tackles going to the match review?  i didn't see jacksh!t...

Suspect tackles:

there was that one that Ryles milked for a penalty. Kite's bicep hit him a bit high, nothing in it in a fair dinkum football comp, but not so confident here; he has some points accumulated I think....

Overall, great to see Dragons treated like a speedbump. How good was the defense of Beaver, Glenn Stewart and Glenn Hall?

The Wheel link said:
Agree Bryant was great

I'll put in a "me too" here. I thought Bryant was our best front rower, which is saying something because King, Kite and Perry were all good as well.

We were lucky Des hooked Bryant when he did because he was about to leak tries.  Most of his yards were from returning the kick-offs.

eggson link said:
reading the reports from the game - what's this about suspect tackles going to the match review?  i didn't see jacksh!t...

I think Creagh dogged it on another one where G Stewart clipped him a little high, but I don't think it went on report straight away.

Agree, that was great to see the Dwagons get SMASHED in such a huge finals game at fortress Brookvale!

Sure Manly didn't step up and put in a great performance the entire game, but they played pretty well most of it - withstood pressure from thier opponents well much of the time, whilst applying pressure of thier own during a few good select periods of play.

GREAT to have been there to see the final game by Beaver & some of our other great players at Brookie!

Enjoy the week off boys, and let's see Sea Eagles Premiers 2008 in a few weeks!

Not at our very best, but you save that for the next 2 weeks

Most importantly, our defense was sensational, top shelf and although there were 1 or 2 little blemishes, will be hard to beat

Bryant and King repaid Des very well for playing them, both were great i thought.

My MOTM was Glenn Stewart, his d was ****ing huge, the amount of 1 on 1 tackles were he belted them to the turf was brilliant

Thoughts on the Stewart/L'Estrange try ??? I thought Stewart hand was under Heaths, but i see Heath got awarded it.

I liked the shot of Bell on the bench with his daughter, and Williamson and Bani in the background looking like excited fans happy to be on TV haha, good stuff

Most importantly, should Melbourne win today, which i don't want, I beleive that we are on the Sharks/Roosters side of the draw which is sensational news. I don't think they will be easybeats, but i like the idea on Brisbane and Melbourne in a knock out match, because those are the 2 that worry me

I like the idea of Melbourne getting bashed up by the Warriors and then Brisbane. Two very physical teams, and two teams that have a history of worrying Melbourne.

Thoughts on the game:

- We won, we didn't play great, but we still put seven tries on. Some are arsey, but they all count as four points. We'll need to be better than that, but Des knows that as well.
- Loved the tribute video for Beaver/Belly/Boxy/Willow. Willow hogged about half the video!

Matabele link said:
Most of his yards were from returning the kick-offs.

Like the kick-off where he broke the line and offloaded to Robbo? I agree, he was carving up off the kick-off, when normally blokes are just sitting ducks!

I do not get the Bryant bashing. He comes on and does his job pretty well, he is no Kite or Perry but does deserve his spot in the team.

Canteen Worker link said:
Wolf man was noticably limping from the first 10 mins and will need a lot of Physio in the next few weeks.
I'm happy to deliver it to him.

I wish the commentary team would stop calling him Wolfman btw. IT'S THE HOT PIONEER OR NOTHING BITCHES.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7