• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
A game that was there for the taking, the intensity seemed to be not there when needed
Beaver dropping the ball over the line summed it up
also Phil Cooley game the dragons the benefit of the doubt try was odd as 90% of the time these vid refs will give no try

There was enough doubt in their benefit of the doubt try as what Brett's last no try was. If it had been a Dragons player the try would have been awarded.

thats the game we're in - everyone hates us, we love everyone hating us...it's gonna cost some games unfortunately. 

Imagine Orford kicks to Robertson, leaps for the ball against Melbourne...Slater and Inglis jump for it, and Robertson gets a slight touch, but it was awarded a benefit of the doubt try to us.

There would be a spanish inquisition ! The commentators would be going bananas (especially M Johns), Bellamy would by mouthing profanities. Hell would freeze over.

It's a joke. And Stewarts hand was on the ball (not the one he wanted to), but his left in that no try to us. Joke !

i understand completely...but it's just been like this for years since technology came in and even longer without.  I have no idea why i'm being so diplomatic right now - i'm at home by myself (the dragons loving missus is out) and wanting to destroy the tv. 

I have no complaints about the refereeing last night. This fellow was better that Archer or Hayne would have been, and the video refs decisions were all fair.

I just think Saints are a bad matchup for Manly. I was uneasy before the game and all night because I remembered last year and how Saints just use speed to dash around Manly and wear them out. We saw it all again last night.

I think the only mistake Manly made is that they did not wait for them in defense and tried to chase them around. They looked tired much of the game as a result. Saints are a very good team who play the game fast and with high skill. They are 4-6 because they often play low % football [as we saw last night] and errors can do them in. I actually predict they will finish in the top six this year, they are good enough. They will also be a dreadful matchup for Manly again in a finals campaign unless Manly learn something from this game.

I'm annoyed they lost tonight, but not as annoyed as Rnd 2 in Newcastle where they dominated and found a way to lose. This was a fair game. Manly will be alright if they learn something from this. I'm sure Des will have ideas. Better to learn now than in the finals. Obvously, Manly will have to play Saints more patiently in future.

I am annoyed as we got in front and only had to hang onto the ball for 3 sets and tackle for three sets and we win. We were defensively bending them for most of the night. It was a dumb dropped ball that gave it away.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6