thoughts....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Good to bank the 2 points,but the second half lapses are killing us,if we can just play the whole 80 minutes we will put teams out of the game,it was another scare and i thought it was going to happen yet again,but i will take the 2 points,we did dominate the game,good to see Cross score a good try,Farrar was good again except for not attacking that bomb he dropped,if he can tweak this part of his game then he will be awesome,but i cant believe it was 30-6 and the final score was 30-22,still a worrying sign.Standouts anyone?

We controlled the ruck for 60 minutes and made metres from good second phase play and smart use of the 2nd rowers. I thought great game from the halves, King & Rodney.

Then, the ref decided to get strict on us, our left side defense became disjointed & farrkin sloppy and we had the obligatory concentration lapse.

DSM would have been having fits, because those goal line drop outs in the 1st half made it seem like Ox was back.

We looked bloody exhausted again in the 4th qtr.

But its all good at this stage of the season.

we lost the second half 12 - 16 and the ref had a big hand in that.

Cant expect us to win a second half until the refs stop farking us.

King our best

Stewart our worst (out of the starting 13)

Fluffy link said:
we lost the second half 12 - 16 and the ref had a big hand in that.

Cant expect us to win a second half until the refs stop farking us.

King our best

Stewart our worst (out of the starting 13)

Harsh mate, Stewart made a lot of very strong tackles. Didn't think we had a bad player in the starting 13, Rodney was a bit quieter, and Kite off the bench wasn't too flash today

Gotta say I'm really wrapped on how our halves are traveling... need to keep these guys together for the long term I think.

Second half was messy, was certain the Rabbits were going to run us down. Although worrying it is a good sign for this point in the comp though, a lot of room for improvement needed but plenty of time to work on it.. come August/Sept we should have hit our straps leading into finals footy.

Utility player, Matai let in Souffs last two tries with poor reads in defense.  Apart from that he went OK.  Choc went well, best game for ages.  We controlled the game and it was only tired defense in the last ten minutes that went against us.  We let Sutton dictate the play in that time.  Those two dropouts had me scratching my head.  Maybe they were trying for the sideline.  Burgess was crap.     

You have the wrong man on that last Souths try DSM, it was Watmough who read it wrong, I think Matai was infield somewhere, may have made the tackle beforehand

Sorry Kiwi, you're right.  He made the error in the second last one.  Apart from that he played very well.  His assist for Chocs try was excellent.  And he pulled off a couple of big tackles.  I'm not complaining about his play, or anyones.  We controlled the game and it was only tiredness and Souffs offloads in the last ten minutes that had me worried, although I didn't think we would lose the game.  Catching the ball was much improved.  Farrar was impeded when he missed that high ball.  Should have been a penalty but the ref was giving Souffs a helping hand at that stage of the game.   

Should'v been a penalty. He never had eyes for the ball and he touched farrer before farrer touched the ball.

I thought Kite was poor but I'd want to check the stats. I think he gave away two stupid penalties though.

We just lose intensity in the last twenty minutes but also in the twenty minutes before that we go into score off every play mode which is silly! I wonder if that causes the problems at the end?

Farrar needs to start jumping for the ball. If he got inches off the ground he would have forced contact and won the penalty.

Bradza link said:
Farrar needs to start jumping for the ball. If he got inches off the ground he would have forced contact and won the penalty.

To jump for that bomb he needed to be another foot closer, that was no easy take with Sandow blocking him. I think you will find the best fullback in the game would have missed that one as well.

Perry would have just dived on that loose ball instead of just looking at it, Kite dropping the ball cold when we getting on a roll, were just a couple of turning points

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=183214.msg261377#msg261377 date=1272796526]
Farrar needs to start jumping for the ball. If he got a few inches off the ground he would have forced contact and won the penalty.

To jump for that bomb he needed to be another foot closer, that was no easy take with Sandow blocking him. I think you will find the best fullback in the game would have missed that one as well.
[/quote]

I have to disagree OEE. I've watched it a few times and as with many of the bombs the last couple of weeks, Farrar either doesn't move fast enough earlier enough or doesn't attack the ball with intent. He is tentative. If he judged that kick correctly and timed his leap into the ball he would have given himself a better chance of a result. Even if he didn't catch it he would have forced contact while he was off the ground and there would be no choice but to give a penalty because Sandow was not going for the ball, ie: he increases his chance of a result.
Sandow got away with beefit of the doubt because he only brushed up against him because (imo) he wa tentative.
Most fullbacks (including whoever is the best in the world at the moment) would have left the ground for the catch.

I really like the bloke and think he is doing well except for this one crucial facet of fullback play. They need to keep working hard on it, as I'm sure they are.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Kite dropping the ball cold when we getting on a roll, were just a couple of turning points

I've noticed over the last couple of games that Glenn Stewart is starting to have a case of the old butter fingers dropsey syndrome too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4