Three Minutes With Steve Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Published on Aug 30, 2013
a quick chat with rugby league legend Steve Menzies. The former Manly Sea Eagle & NRL great reflects on his fantastic footy career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpqp2yKYEBk

and just saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNLzoAcImfI

The remarkable thing is that you could compile a highlight reel of his defence which would be just as impressive as his attacking. He is a living legend. And he seems so humble. I hope he can be involved with Manly for many years to come.

The only thing better than three minutes with Beaver is one minute and 37 seconds with Beaver, which is about all I can average these days…

castle eagle said:
i can't not get goosebumps when i watch beaver score his last try in the nrl,
no matter how often i see it

haha was thinking the same thing when I watched it this morning

Thanks BE, that was terrific. Yes, that try! Greatest moment in supporting Manly for over 40 years. The number one Manly player of all time? Some will say Fulton, some will say Snake, some may say Wombat, but deep down we all know there is nothing like Beaver! To me - the greatest legend this club has produced.

A true rugby league legend. Even ardent Manly haters cannot hate Steve Menzies. Some of my mates who just despise Manly said they were thrilled that he scored that try in his last game.

I compare Steve Menzies to another ambassador of his game, although in a different sport, Gary Lineker. Gary Lineker for those who don't know played soccer for England and never once received a yellow card in his career, and yet was one of the greatest of all time.

Never get sick of watching that. Thanks BE. What a great day that was!

When beaver answered the question about toughness and he said pound for pound toovey was the toughest player he'd played footy with, and...

All day long big guys would run at him, but he'd tackle them time after time.

That made me warm and fuzzy!

Three minutes with Steve Menzies is better than three years without. We should never have let him go, still had lots to offer. Very happy he is coming back to where he belongs!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2