Thurston and Moltzen Out for the Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It might be too early to call but initial reports have Thurston injuring his shoulder and out of the season. Bye Bye Cowboys and it might make the Origin closer if this is the case. Aaron Payne also left the field with a serious injury.

Tim Moltzen, whilst not the star that Thurston is did an ACL and is also gone, if reports are accurate.

Tigers will still make the finals, but can't win the comp without Moltzen at halfback.

He's not a superstar yet, but his play at halfback has been fantastic this year. They'll miss him a huge amount. They won't win a comp with Lui at halfback.

:eek: Huge news.

Cowboys are buggered. Their gameplan of 'throw it to Thurston' wont work without the ratman himself.

Don't care about the Tigpies but I do feel for Moltzen. He's a good young talent & it's a shame to see him sitting on the sidelines. An excellent player to watch. Tigers aren't the team they should be with Lui at 7.

Especially the way he did it, you could see it go and it looked horrible.

As for thurston he will be back just a sublux, means he will be prone to it though. Screws my fantasy footy up because now I need to trade him out or more likely keep him on tge reserves until he is back

Good one DT, He's only been the highest scorer in the first 4 rounds by far. Or should we call you Harry Hindsight?
Off to the markets this week............

You're a mug if you dont. The blokes average prior to this week was in the 90's, more than any forward.

I took out my comp last year and would not have done so without Thurston.

I had him as Captain this week :(

Only subbed him in last week when Prince got injured. Seems I'm the mock for halfbacks at the moment. Might bring Cronk in for Thurston this week to help us out ;)

We're not saying you have to have him in your team to do well, just refuting the ridiculuous comment that you're a mug if you had him. He was worth the money but not any more although it might be worth waiting until later in the week given the bizarre injury window of "1 week" to "the season".

C&C - just don't go signing up Hodko then ok?

Nutzcraw link said:
I don't have thurston either... I still get around 1100 points a week... usually enough to win

Nutz 1100 isnt enough to take out the final. (although it might be now Thurston is out). You needed 1250 plus last year.

I do the FoxSports comp, group of us got together and come up with some rules, $30 entry fee and we have 5 rounds during the year where the highest score takes out $50, 1 of those is this weekend, and I had Lyon as captain so am right in the running

I am 30-40 points behind, he has Hindmarsh, I have Fensom, Grothe and Dugan, will be a close run thing !!

Injury not as bad as first suspected. Mind you, many huge forwards will be running at that shoulder and my guess is that the Cowboys will needle him up and hope that he will last the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4