Thurston has been found.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NRL: #NRL judiciary is about to deliberate the Johnathan Thurston case, verdict will be in soon. [via Twitter]

http://www.nrl.com/live-judiciary-hearing-on-nrl.com-wednesday/tabid/10874/newsid/63429/default.aspx

surely your not surprised,this clown can do what he likes,they obviously didnt care about last year either when he went off at the ref against us,its a joke

In one SOO-led decision they have entirely neutered the rule about careless or reckless contact with referees. Precedent set.

Impressive stuff.

Tariq Sims found guilty. Will miss two weeks.

DSM5 said:
Good decision.

It was the only decision. It was ridiculous it went as far as it did. Cecchin even commented on the field that it was accidental. Whether we like Thurston as a player or a person is irrelevant.

How would Cecchin know on the field whether it was accidental or not Bones? He was the only person at the ground who had absolutely no viewing of the incident.

What I'm having a tiny bit of difficulty understanding is:
1. How Cecchin allegedly saw that Thurston's actions were accidental, when Thurston was directly behind him, and
2. How Thurston's successful defence was that he did not see Cecchin at all when Cecchin was directly in front of him between him and the ball.

Are eyes now located in the back of heads?

Ian Martin tragic said:
no excuses now for qld next week. Would rather get beaten by their best team than beat them minus thurston.

They'll still find an excuse.

I just find it funny that:

a) after all the Queensland bulls**t, manipulating, bullying and blaming NSW, the 3 on the judiciary that cleared him were New South Welshmen

b)Tariq Sims was likely going to get the call up to NSW and he was suspended so he can't play.

Are these judiciary men actually New South Welshmen, or are they like Greg Inglis?

I just don't get why that grub never gets suspended? He always behaves like this around SOO time because he knows they won't suspend him: pushing refs, yelling at refs, kicking people in the head after they score a try.

As for Cecchin, you could tell he was scared to get into Thurston's face so he laughed it off. He's a closet Queenslander anyways, especially after that atrocious decision in the GC in 09

The Eagle said:
Bull****,so he can hit refs and swear at them
So typical,its ok he isnt a white boy,that wasnt his choice

You are a fool. I'm a NSW fan but even blind Freddy could see it was checcins fault.

Ian Martin tragic said:
no excuses now for qld next week. Would rather get beaten by their best team than beat them minus thurston.
I agree, and beating their best team at home should finally quash any talk of ten year dynasties!

The rule needs to be changed that any contact with a referee is an automatic 1 week ban. The onus to avoid the referee should be 100% on the players in all circumstances.

The AFL have got it right on this one. To me intent is irrelevant, some players have mastered the art of making it look like an accident and I suspect some of the contacts with the referees have been far from accidental. They wear bright pink shirts, how do you not see them. I played footy for 17 years and at rep level and in all that time the only referee collisions I saw were absolutely intentional, but made to look accidental.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8